Utah Native Nominated For Most Prestigious Award In College Hockey
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – During the 2018-2019 season, everything seemed to be headed in the right direction for Nick Halloran, a Utah native playing Division 1 hockey at Colorado College, before he was sidelined with an injury. Now, he is back in action and nominated for a prestigious award.
Coming off a sophomore year that saw him put up 45 points for the Colorado Tigers and get nominated for the Hobey Baker Award, which is like the Heisman of hockey – Halloran’s junior season looked to be more of the same for the Draper native.
After 20 games, an injury that required surgery ended his season with only 13 points. Halloran stayed positive and said the injury only made him hungrier for a successful senior season.
He is 19 games into the 2020 season and has 7 goals and 13 assists for 20 points and is noticeably the leader on the ice for the Tigers.
Last week Halloran’s name was once again listed as one of the top NCAA players as a nominee for the Hobey Baker Award.
“It’s an honor to be nominated for such a prestigious award. It’s really hard work day in and day out, and being recognized for that is special, but I’m not too focused on it right now, just dialed in on winning games as a C.C. Tiger,” said Halloran.
His teammate Chris Wilkie has also been nominated.
“We are great friends and have a great deal of respect for each other. He’s a great player and it’s been a blast to be linemates this season,” he continued.
The first phase of the nomination process allows voting for the players online.
With 14 games left in the season, Colorado College stands at the bottom of the N.C.H.C.
The Tigers host Nebraska-Omaha this weekend and look to start the path out of the cellar and into the NCAA tournament.
- BYU's Cosmo Leads Comedian To Break Down Viral Dunk With Bill Walton Impression - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4920)
- BYU Mascot Flies From Three-Point Line For Dunk During San Francisco Game (pageviews: 1145)
- Mitchell, Gobert Give Back To Community At All-Star Weekend - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1087)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1064)
- With Dalton Nixon Likely Out, BYU Takes On Struggling San Diego - KSL Sports (pageviews: 966)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Wins Before All-Star Break By Defeating Heat (pageviews: 620)
- 10 Memorable Moments From BYU's Cosmo - KSL Sports (pageviews: 598)
- BYU Defeats San Diego On Alley-Oop From Haws To Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- BYU Linebacker Chaz Ah You Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI - KSL Sports (pageviews: 511)