Donovan Mitchell’s Top 10 Scoring Performances
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell tied his career-high 46 points for the third time in his career on Thursday night in New Orleans.
It was one of many great performances on the offensive end by the Jazz star.
Here is the top 10 best scoring performances from Donovan Mitchell’s young career.
10. April 20, 2019 – 34 Points In Playoff Loss To Rockets
Mitchell had a great performance in the first round of the NBA Playoffs last season. Unfortunately, the Jazz lost to the Houston Rockets 104-101 in Salt Lake City and the Rockets led the series 3-0. But, Mitchell finished with 34 points on 4-12 from the three-point line. He also added 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals. The 34 points in a playoff game is the second highest in Mitchell’s career.
9. December 26, 2019 – 35 points Against Blazers
Earlier this season, Mitchell had another fantastic performance at home. He finished with 35 points, 3 rebounds and 7 assists. Mitchell missed just seven shots, shooting 12-19 from the floor, 3-6 from the perimeter and 8-11 from the foul line. The Jazz picked up a 121-115 win over the Portland Trail Blazers despite 34 points from Damian Lillard.
8. November 3, 2019 – 36 Points Against Clippers
In a sluggish game in early November of this season, Mitchell came to play against Kawhi Leonard and the Los Angeles Clippers. Mitchell ended the game with 36 points, 4 boards, 6 assists and 2 steals, while shooting 11-21 from the floor, 4-6 from downtown and 10-14 from the charity stripe. The Jazz lost to the Clippers, 105-94 at Staples Center with Leonard scoring 30 points in the win.
7. November 23, 2019 – 37 Points Against Pelicans
It seems like Mitchell gets a lot of his points when the Jazz face the Pelicans and earlier this season at Vivint Smart Home Arena wasn’t any different. Mitchell recorded 37 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists. He connected on 12 of his 26 field goal attempts, 6 of his 13 three point attempts and made all seven of his free throws. The Jazz knocked off the Pelicans, 128-120.
6. January 16, 2020 – Third 46-Point Performance Against Pelicans
This game happened earlier in the week with the Jazz facing the New Orleans Pelicans for the second time in 10 days. Mitchell tied his career-high 46 points in the overtime loss to New Orleans. He shot 16-34 from the field, 7-15 from beyond the arc and a perfect 7-7 at the free throw line. The Jazz couldn’t get past Brandon Ingram’s career-high 49 points.
5. Game 6 Against Oklahoma City
In front of a energized crowd at Vivint Smart Home Arena, rookie Donovan Mitchell was in his first playoff series and had the chance to close out the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game 6. Mitchell dropped 38 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists. He shot 14-26 from the field, 5-8 from the three point line and a perfect 5-5 from the foul line. Mitchell didn’t score more than Russell Westbrook, but was more efficient. Westbrook had 46 points on 18-43 shooting.
4. February 2, 2018 – Second 40-Point Game
It was the second time in Mitchell’s career that he scored 40 points or more. On the road against the Phoenix Suns, Mitchell dropped 40 points along with 5 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals. He made 14 of his 19 field goal attempts, went 7-9 from beyond the arc and 5-5 at the free throw line.
3. Rookie Donovan Scores Over 40 Points For First Time
On December 1, 2017, Mitchell reached the 40-point mark for the first time in his career, as a rookie. At Vivint Smart Home Arena, the young Jazz star dropped 41 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists. He shot 13-25 from the floor, 6-12 from downtown and 9-11 from the charity stripe. Mitchell lifted the Jazz to a 114-108 win over the New Orleans Pelicans, taking down all-star duo DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis.
2. April 9, 2019 – Second 46-Point Performance Against Nuggets
It was the final regular season home game for the Jazz last season when Mitchell tied his career-high 46 points against the Denver Nuggets. Mitchell also had 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals. The second-year pro shot 14-26 from the field, 5-8 from the three-point line and 13-16 from the free throw line. The Jazz took down the Nuggets, 118-108.
1. Dual With Giannis
This game was one for the ages. Mitchell and the Jazz battled Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks to the end in a wild back-and-forth game at Vivint Smart Home Arena on March 2, 2019. Mitchell scored a career-high 46 points, along with 3 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals. The then-second year player shot 15-32 from the floor, 5-10 from beyond the arc and 11-14 from the foul line. Antetokounmpo had 43 points and 14 rebounds as the Jazz beat the Bucks 115-111.
Catch Utah’s #1 rated sports show, SportsBeat, every weekday at 6 and 10 p.m. as well as Saturdays at 6 p.m. and Sundays at 10:45 p.m. with Jeremiah Jensen and Sam Farnsworth on KSL 5 TV.
- Whittingham Dismisses WR Perriman From Utah Football Following Additional Charges (pageviews: 5828)
- BYU Pole Vaulter Suffers Gut-Wrenching Groin Injury, Video Goes Viral On Social Media (pageviews: 5110)
- Student Buries Half-Court Shot For $8K During Timeout Of Gonzaga/BYU Game (pageviews: 2981)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2196)
- Jimmer Fredette Made BYU Fans Go Crazy Before Gonzaga Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2142)
- BYU Students Form 'Tent City' Leading Up To Big Game Against No. 2 Gonzaga - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1824)
- Led By Yoeli Childs, No. 23 BYU Upsets No. 2 Gonzaga On Senior Night (pageviews: 1406)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 964)
- Two More Women Claim Utah Football Player Sexually Assaulted Them (pageviews: 884)