Joe Ingles, Jazz To Support Australian Relief Efforts With T-Shirt Sales
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Joe Ingles and the Utah Jazz have pledged to raise funds and awareness to support firefighters on the front lines of the bush fires in his native Australia.
Ingles and his wife, Renae, a decorated netballer who represented her country in the sport will contribute $500 to firefighters and supporting organizations for every one of Joe’s made three-pointers from the beginning of this season through February 12 against the Miami Heat, the final Jazz game before the All-Star break.
“I’m proud to be Australian, and to see what’s happening to my home country, friends and family has been overwhelming,” said Joe Ingles. “Jazz fans are known around the NBA for their generosity and love of community, and I hope they can join me in matching my three-point donation by giving to the Red Cross. Everything helps – even if it’s $1 per three-pointer – and it means so much to those who are risking their lives to save others.”
Also, the Ingles family has partnered with the Jazz to create a t-shirt that will be sold by the Utah Jazz Team Store as the “item of the game” at the Jazz game against the Houston Rockets on January 27. The shirt will also be sold at the Jazz Team Store website and all proceeds will benefit Australian firefighters.
The Ingles family along with the Jazz are soliciting matching three-point donations to benefit the American Red Cross’ efforts to help those affected by the bush fires. Fans can visit the Jazz website, the Utah Jazz and Vivint Arena app or the Red Cross website.
Earlier this month, Ingles teamed up with eight other Australian NBA players in partnership with the NBA and the Players Association Foundation to commit $750,000 towards relief and recovery efforts. Ingles’ portion of the donation benefited wildlife rescue organization WIRES.
- Whittingham Dismisses WR Perriman From Utah Football Following Additional Charges (pageviews: 5828)
- BYU Pole Vaulter Suffers Gut-Wrenching Groin Injury, Video Goes Viral On Social Media (pageviews: 5110)
- Student Buries Half-Court Shot For $8K During Timeout Of Gonzaga/BYU Game (pageviews: 2981)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2196)
- Jimmer Fredette Made BYU Fans Go Crazy Before Gonzaga Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2142)
- BYU Students Form 'Tent City' Leading Up To Big Game Against No. 2 Gonzaga - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1824)
- Led By Yoeli Childs, No. 23 BYU Upsets No. 2 Gonzaga On Senior Night (pageviews: 1406)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 964)
- Two More Women Claim Utah Football Player Sexually Assaulted Them (pageviews: 884)