Utes Can’t Overcome Arizona’s Hot Three-Point Shooting
TUSCON, Ariz. – The Utes struggled making their shots, while the Arizona Wildcats couldn’t miss from the perimeter. Utah lost their third straight game, 93-77 to Arizona.
The Utes are now 0-8 in Tuscon, Arizona since they joined the Pac-12 in 2011.
Arizona made 15 of their 29 attempts from the three-point line, while the Utes went 10-28 from beyond the arc.
In the first half, Arizona made 8 three-pointers and 7 in the second half.
Timmy Allen and Riley Battin led the Utes with 16 points apiece. Allen is back in his home state as a Mesa, Arizona native. The sophomore also had 3 rebounds and 2 assists.
It’s the third straight loss for the Utes after a close defeat to then-No. 4 Oregon, a blowout loss in Boulder to then-No. 25 Colorado and now to the Wildcats.
The Wildcats played without upperclassman big man Chase Jeter, who was out with a back injury. But, Arizona received big outings from both Zeke Nnaji and Max Hazzard, who each scored 24 points.
Dylan Smith added 13 points and Nico Mannion chipped in 12 points and 5 assists.
As a team, Arizona shot 47 percent from the field and 51 percent from downtown.
A point of emphasis from Utes head coach Larry Krystkowiak was winning the battle of the boards. Arizona out-rebounded Utah 38-32.
Utah dropped to 10-6 overall and 1-3 in Pac-12 play. They will finish this tough three-game road trip on Saturday against the Arizona State Sun Devils. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. and will be televised on the Pac-12 Network.
The Crimson Corner podcast is the one-stop for all things University of Utah Athletics hosted by Utah insider Trevor Allen. Ute fans will find interviews with current players, coaches, and staff alongside expert analysis of every game, story and angle coming out of the University of Utah.
You can download and listen to the podcast, here.
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2920)
- Timpview Football Community Rallies Around Coach Stokes As Wife Battles Cancer - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1634)
- Football Game Between No. 6 Brighton, No. 13 Skyline Canceled Due To COVID-19 (pageviews: 717)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 693)
- BYU QB Zach Wilson Reveals Positive COVID-19 Test Over Summer - KSL Sports (pageviews: 687)
- BYU Fans Can Purchase Cutouts Of Themselves To Have Placed At Football Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 597)
- Timpview Football Community Rallies Around Coach Stokes As Wife Battles Cancer - KSL Sports (pageviews: 595)
- Utah Royals FC Head Coach Craig Harrington, Assistant Coach Placed On Leave By Club (pageviews: 550)
- BYU Fans Can Purchase Cutouts Of Themselves To Have Placed At Football Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 337)