Donovan Mitchell Leads 42 Point Third Quarter By Jazz Against Pelicans
NEW ORLEANS, La. – Utah guard Donovan Mitchell led the Jazz to a 42 point third quarter against the New Orleans Pelicans.
Mitchell scored 18 points in the first 12 minutes after halftime of the game between the Jazz and Pelicans at Smoothie King Center on Thursday, January 16.
The Jazz guard helped Utah recovered from a seven point halftime deficit to take a 91-87 lead into the fourth quarter.
Jazz forward Bojan Bogdanovic assisted the big scoring quarter with 12 points in the third.
As the two teams went to the final 12 minutes of play, Mitchell led the Jazz with 28 points on 10-17 field goals. Bogdanovic had 21 points on 8-13 shooting.
Mitchell shot 3-5 from behind the arc and added 4 rebounds during his first 28 minutes on the court.
Bogdanovic went 2-5 on triples while recording 3 boards and 2 assists in 27 minutes.
New Orleans was led by Brandon Ingram who had 30 points on 10-18 shooting at the end of the third quarter.
Former Jazzman Derrick Favors was the Pelicans’ second-leading scorer with 12 points.
Utah vs. New Orleans is broadcast on NBA League Pass, AT&T SportsNet, and 97.5 FM.
- BYU's Cosmo Leads Comedian To Break Down Viral Dunk With Bill Walton Impression - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4920)
- BYU Mascot Flies From Three-Point Line For Dunk During San Francisco Game (pageviews: 1145)
- Mitchell, Gobert Give Back To Community At All-Star Weekend - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1087)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1064)
- With Dalton Nixon Likely Out, BYU Takes On Struggling San Diego - KSL Sports (pageviews: 966)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Wins Before All-Star Break By Defeating Heat (pageviews: 620)
- 10 Memorable Moments From BYU's Cosmo - KSL Sports (pageviews: 598)
- BYU Defeats San Diego On Alley-Oop From Haws To Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- BYU Linebacker Chaz Ah You Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI - KSL Sports (pageviews: 511)