Donovan Mitchell Throws Up Crazy Bank Shot To Beat Buzzer In New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS, La. – Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell threw up a crazy shot that banked in to beat the buzzer in Utah’s game against the New Orleans Pelicans.
Mitchell’s buzzer-beater came at the end of the second quarter of the game between the Jazz and Pelicans on Thursday, January 16.
The Jazz guard received a pass from Joe Ingles and flung the ball towards the hoop late in the first half. Mitchell’s shot bounced off the glass and into the bucket at time expired to cut New Orleans’ lead to 56-49 at halftime.
Mitchell led the Jazz with 10 points during the first 24 minutes of the game. The Jazzman shot 5-9 on field goals in 18 first half minutes. Mitchell added an offensive rebound and a steal to his halftime stat line.
He was the only Jazzman to score in double figures during the first two quarters of the game.
Utah trailed the Pelicans by seven points at the break after shooting 45.7 percent from the field and 30.8 percent from behind the arc.
Bojan Bogdanovic was the next highest scoring Utah player with 9 points on 4-7 shooting. Bogdanovic added 4 rebounds and 2 assists in 18 minutes on the floor.
The Pelicans outshot the Jazz by going 44.7 percent on field goals and 54.5 percent on triples in the first half.
New Orleans was led by forward Brandon Ingram who posted 17 points on 50 percent shooting.
Former Jazzman and current Pelicans forward Derrick Favors recorded 2 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, and a block in 14 minutes during the first half.
Utah vs. New Orleans is broadcast on NBA League Pass, AT&T SportsNet, and 97.5 FM.
- BYU's Cosmo Leads Comedian To Break Down Viral Dunk With Bill Walton Impression - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4920)
- BYU Mascot Flies From Three-Point Line For Dunk During San Francisco Game (pageviews: 1145)
- Mitchell, Gobert Give Back To Community At All-Star Weekend - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1087)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1064)
- With Dalton Nixon Likely Out, BYU Takes On Struggling San Diego - KSL Sports (pageviews: 966)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Wins Before All-Star Break By Defeating Heat (pageviews: 620)
- 10 Memorable Moments From BYU's Cosmo - KSL Sports (pageviews: 598)
- BYU Defeats San Diego On Alley-Oop From Haws To Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- BYU Linebacker Chaz Ah You Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI - KSL Sports (pageviews: 511)