Jazz Go For 11 Straight, Avoid Zion Williamson
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Jazz will look to win their 11th straight game Thursday night against the New Orleans Pelicans but won’t have to go through Zion Williamson to get it. Pelicans General Manager David Griffin announced Wednesday that despite his rumored return, Williamson was targeting January 22 against the San Antonio Spurs for his return.
The Jazz meanwhile have been the hottest team in the NBA over the last month and half of the season, having won 15 of 16 games including 10 straight.
Over the last 10 games, the Jazz are shooting a blistering 50 percent from the floor and 40 percent from the three-line, while holding opponents to 44 percent shooting and 33 percent from deep.
While those percentages may seem unsustainable for the Jazz over the length of the season, they’re surprisingly similar to their year-long averages. For the year, the Jazz are shooting 47 percent from the floor and 39 percent from the three-point line, while holding opponents to just 44 percent on field goals and 34 percent from three.
The biggest outlier for the Jazz is their uptick on field goal percentage overall, a result of better shot locations over the win streak.
Ben Anderson of KSL Sports explores the numbers from the Jazz over their last 10 games and previews the matchup against the Pelicans in the latest episode of the Jazz Notes podcast.
- BYU Pole Vaulter Suffers Gut-Wrenching Groin Injury, Video Goes Viral On Social Media (pageviews: 8669)
- With Drew Brees Returning In 2020, What Does That Mean For Taysom Hill? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2334)
- Joe Ingles Complains On Twitter, Mitchell, Gobert Jokingly Respond - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1923)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1013)
- BYU's Path To Top 25 Ranking Was Difficult, But Rewarding - KSL Sports (pageviews: 834)
- Documentary Chronicles Stockton And Malone's Careers, Shortcomings - KSL Sports (pageviews: 702)
- Mark Pope Continues To Amaze, May Be 'Most Interesting' Man Alive - KSL Sports (pageviews: 688)
- Eight Of BYU's 2020 Opponents Ahead Of Cougars In Early Rankings - KSL Sports (pageviews: 619)
- Gavin Baxter Is A Player To Watch For BYU Against Santa Clara's Big Frontcourt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 434)