Jazz Go For 11 Straight, Avoid Zion Williamson
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Jazz will look to win their 11th straight game Thursday night against the New Orleans Pelicans but won’t have to go through Zion Williamson to get it. Pelicans General Manager David Griffin announced Wednesday that despite his rumored return, Williamson was targeting January 22 against the San Antonio Spurs for his return.
The Jazz meanwhile have been the hottest team in the NBA over the last month and half of the season, having won 15 of 16 games including 10 straight.
Over the last 10 games, the Jazz are shooting a blistering 50 percent from the floor and 40 percent from the three-line, while holding opponents to 44 percent shooting and 33 percent from deep.
While those percentages may seem unsustainable for the Jazz over the length of the season, they’re surprisingly similar to their year-long averages. For the year, the Jazz are shooting 47 percent from the floor and 39 percent from the three-point line, while holding opponents to just 44 percent on field goals and 34 percent from three.
The biggest outlier for the Jazz is their uptick on field goal percentage overall, a result of better shot locations over the win streak.
Ben Anderson of KSL Sports explores the numbers from the Jazz over their last 10 games and previews the matchup against the Pelicans in the latest episode of the Jazz Notes podcast.
- Dixie State Football Team Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2825)
- BYU Lands Commitment From WR Quenton Rice - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2363)
- Dixie State Football Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2002)
- BYU Hall Of Fame QB Jim McMahon Announces Upcoming Documentary On His Life - KSL Sports (pageviews: 926)
- Report: Big Sky Conference Votes To Not Play College Football In Fall 2020 (pageviews: 793)
- BYU Lands Commitment From WR Quenton Rice - KSL Sports (pageviews: 715)
- Gobert a DPOY Finalist, Mitchell Questionable, Teams Mad At Jazz - KSL Sports (pageviews: 676)
- Report: Big Sky Conference Votes To Not Play College Football In Fall 2020 (pageviews: 458)
- Utah State Expected To Open 2020 Season Against BYU - KSL Sports (pageviews: 450)