Joe Ingles Ties Career High In Jazz 10th Straight Win
BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Joe Ingles had a big game for the Utah Jazz in their 118-107 win over the Brooklyn Nets. The Jazz have now won 10 straight games.
Ingles tied his career high with 27 points to go along with his 3 rebounds and 4 assists. The Australian shot 10-14 from the field and 6-8 from the three-point line. His career high has stuck with him for a long time. This was the sixth time in his career that Ingles has finished with 27 points.
The sharpshooting wing sparked a big run for the Jazz in the second quarter by knocking down three straight three-pointers to end the first half on a 14-2 run.
Ingles wasn’t the only Jazz player to score over 20 points. Donovan Mitchell added 25 points and 4 assists. He scored 21 points in the second half. He wore a custom pair of his signature Adidas shoes that had the flags from Australia and Puerto Rico. The Jazz star will auction the shoes and will donate all of the proceeds to the relief efforts of the brush fires in Australia and the earthquake in Puerto Rico.
Rudy Gobert had another spectacular performance with 22 points, 18 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 blocks.
“He was terrific,” Snyder said about Gobert after the game. “He was dominant on both ends of the floor.”
Brooklyn was led by Kyrie Irving with 32 points and 11 assists. Spencer Dinwiddie chipped in 17 points, 4 boards and 5 assists. Joe Harris contributed 13 points, while Caris LeVert scored 11 points off of the bench.
Utah shot 50 percent from the field, 36 percent from the perimeter and 86 percent from the free throw line. Brooklyn went 50 percent as well from the floor, 30 percent from beyond the arc and 60 percent at the charity stripe.
The Jazz improved their record to 28-12, which marks the fourth best record in franchise history through the first 40 games of the season. The three best records through 40 games was in 1998-99 when they went 32-8, 30-10 in 1994-95 and 29-11 in 1989-90.
Utah is currently sitting in second place in the Western Conference, five games behind the Los Angeles Lakers for the top spot.
They will finish their three-game road trip on Thursday when they face the New Orleans Pelicans. The game will begin at 6 p.m. and will be televised on AT&T SportsNet. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, Zion Williamson is expected to make his NBA debut against the Jazz for the Pelicans.
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4062)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2895)
- No Utah State Football: Mountain West Cancels Falls Sports (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 851)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 736)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 650)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 630)
- Trump, Coaches Push For College Football As Cracks Emerge - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 571)