Donovan Mitchell Wears Custom Shoes To Support Australia, Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell is wearing custom shoes in the game against the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday night to support the relief efforts for the Puerto Rico earthquake and the brush fires in Australia.
Both flags were put on Mitchell’s shoes. One on each shoe, going onto a white base.
Mitchell announced that he will auction the shoes after the game and will have all of the proceeds going toward relief efforts in both Puerto Rico and Australia.
Mitchell unveiled the shoe while doing a Q&A session in Brooklyn on Monday night at an event with Adidas.
“I saw what happened in Australia and in Puerto Rico, I just wanted to put the flag on my shoes,” Mitchell said. “They made it happen in 10 days.”
Since Mitchell joined Adidas and created a signature sneaker, he has many different colorways but has also taken advantage of the many colorways to create special shoes for occasions like this.
Last week, Joe Ingles and other fellow Australian NBA players who donated $750,000 towards relief efforts.
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4062)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2895)
- No Utah State Football: Mountain West Cancels Falls Sports (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 851)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 736)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 650)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 630)
- Trump, Coaches Push For College Football As Cracks Emerge - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 571)