Pete Carroll Praises Cody Barton Following Playoff Loss To Packers
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll praised former Ute and current Seahawk linebacker, Cody Barton, following his team’s divisional-round loss to the Packers.
“I can’t imagine him not being a very good football player,” Carroll said.
He added that he thought Barton played well in place of Mychal Kendricks who was placed on IR following the final regular-season game.
Barton played in nine games this year where he saw the field on defense, notching 23 total tackles during the regular season. He also started both playoff games for the Seahawks in place of Kendricks who suffered a season-ending ACL injury.
The Seahawks opened their playoff ambitions against the Philadelphia Eagles, a game that Barton will likely remember for a very long time.
Not only was it his first playoff experience, but it was also one of the best games of his rookie season. He ended the night with five total tackles, four of them solo and one assisted while adding one sack. Statistically, the only other game that would beat those numbers came in week 14 when Barton finished with 10 tackles in the Seahawks 30-24 win.
Barton was drafted with the 25th pick in the third round of the 2019 NFL draft after a collegiate career that included 109 tackles his senior season.
Barton will return to Utah this offseason to spend time with his family, before heading back up to the Pacific Northwest to prepare for yet another Superbowl run in 2020-21.
- BYU's Kalani Sitake Sternly Clarifies Cougars' Position On Potential Washington Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2904)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2322)
- BYU Football Comes In At No. 14 In College Football Playoff Rankings (pageviews: 2210)
- Utah Football Game Against Arizona State Canceled Due To COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1624)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 864)
- BYU Basketball: Three Observations From Win Over Westminister (pageviews: 728)
- Derrick Favors: Utah 'Feels Like Home' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 681)
- Britain Covey Confirms Hamstring Injury In #GiveThanks Instagram Post - KSL Sports (pageviews: 652)