Corner Canyon 4-Star DE Van Fillinger Signs With Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utes’ defensive line has received a talented prospect that will remain in the state of Utah in Corner Canyon star defensive end Van Fillinger.
Fillinger is a 6’3.5, 250 lbs. defensive end from Draper, Utah. He is the eighth highest rated defensive end in the country and the second best prospect from the state of Utah. Fillinger originally committed to Texas on July 18, 2019 before changing his mind on December 1, 2019 after coaching staff changes occurred at Texas. He has been invited to play in both the All-American Bowl and the Polynesian Bowl.
He received offers from Texas, Arizona State, Boise State, California, Colorado, Kansas State, Liberty, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oregon, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Utah State, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and Washington.
Here is what Utah defensive line coach Lewis Powell said about Fillinger.
- Former BYU Football Coach, Receiver Speak About George Floyd's Death, Impact Moving Forward (pageviews: 1399)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1049)
- Former Utah Heisman Trophy Finalist Quarterback Lee Grosscup Passes Away At Age 83 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 342)
- BYU Football Freshman Alex Miskela Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 341)
- Local Sports Athletes, Executives React To Salt Lake City Protest - KSL Sports (pageviews: 330)
- Utah Jazz Coach Jerry Sloan Archives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 328)
- Local Sports Athletes, Executives React To Salt Lake City Protest - KSL Sports (pageviews: 261)
- Utah Jazz Owner Gail Miller Issues Statement On George Floyd Death - KSL Sports (pageviews: 230)
- Nedum Onuoha: 'I Never Go Out And Feel 100 Percent Safe' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 224)