Corner Canyon 4-Star DE Van Fillinger Signs With Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utes’ defensive line has received a talented prospect that will remain in the state of Utah in Corner Canyon star defensive end Van Fillinger.
Fillinger is a 6’3.5, 250 lbs. defensive end from Draper, Utah. He is the eighth highest rated defensive end in the country and the second best prospect from the state of Utah. Fillinger originally committed to Texas on July 18, 2019 before changing his mind on December 1, 2019 after coaching staff changes occurred at Texas. He has been invited to play in both the All-American Bowl and the Polynesian Bowl.
He received offers from Texas, Arizona State, Boise State, California, Colorado, Kansas State, Liberty, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oregon, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Utah State, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and Washington.
Here is what Utah defensive line coach Lewis Powell said about Fillinger.
- BYU Pole Vaulter Suffers Gut-Wrenching Groin Injury, Video Goes Viral On Social Media (pageviews: 8669)
- With Drew Brees Returning In 2020, What Does That Mean For Taysom Hill? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2334)
- Joe Ingles Complains On Twitter, Mitchell, Gobert Jokingly Respond - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1923)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1013)
- BYU's Path To Top 25 Ranking Was Difficult, But Rewarding - KSL Sports (pageviews: 834)
- Documentary Chronicles Stockton And Malone's Careers, Shortcomings - KSL Sports (pageviews: 702)
- Mark Pope Continues To Amaze, May Be 'Most Interesting' Man Alive - KSL Sports (pageviews: 688)
- Eight Of BYU's 2020 Opponents Ahead Of Cougars In Early Rankings - KSL Sports (pageviews: 619)
- Gavin Baxter Is A Player To Watch For BYU Against Santa Clara's Big Frontcourt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 434)