Utes Receive Help At Safety From Texas Product Ben Renfro
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utes will lose both starting safeties this season. They signed a safety during the early signing period.
Ben Renfro is a 6’1, 190 lbs. wide receiver but is listed as a safety from Magnolia High School in Texas. Utah will use his skills for the safety position. He is a three-star recruit and is No. 97 safety and 184th ranked prospect in the state of Texas. As a wide receiver in high school, Renfro hauled in 125 receptions for 2,278 yards and 31 touchdowns. Last season, he had 56 catches for 898 yards and 14 touchdowns.
He received offers from Air Force, Army, Montana State and Navy.
Here is what defensive coordinator and safeties coach Morgan Scalley said about Renfro.
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4937)
- Charles Barkley, Shaq: Donovan Mitchell Has 'Zero Impact' On Game Except Scoring (pageviews: 3370)
- BYU/Pepperdine: How To Watch, Listen, Or Stream At Tip-Off - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2318)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1983)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Breaks Ankles As He Lights Up Pelicans To Start Game (pageviews: 1471)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1437)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1258)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1104)
- Jazz Vs. Warriors: Game Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 937)