Utah State LB David Woodward To Forgo Senior Season, Enter NFL Draft
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State linebacker David Woodward will forgo his senior season and enter the 2020 NFL Draft.
Woodward announced his decision on Twitter.
In the announcement, Woodward gave his gratitude to Utah State for giving him a chance as the only Division I school to offer him a scholarship. He also thanked the HURD and Aggie fans for their support among others.
“David Woodward is a tremendous football player and he gave everything he had to the program and his teammates during his time here,” said USU head coach Gary Andersen. “David will be successful in whatever he chooses to do in life. Go Aggies!”
Woodward played seven games this year before suffering a season-ending injury. In the seven games that he played in, Woodward racked up 93 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and 2 pass breakups.
Last season was his breakout campaign, recording 134 tackles, 12.5 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 2 interceptions. He was named second team All-Mountain West. Woodward’s 2019 preseason hype included Bednarik Award and Lott Impact Trophy watch lists. He was also named a third team preseason All-American by Athlon Sports and fourth team by Phil Steele’s magazine.
Woodward is the second Aggie that has decided to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL Draft. Quarterback Jordan Love announced his decision to enter the draft last week, but will play in the Frisco Bowl on Friday at 5:30 p.m. against Kent State. The game will be broadcast on ESPN2.
- BYU's Kalani Sitake Sternly Clarifies Cougars' Position On Potential Washington Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2904)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2322)
- BYU Football Comes In At No. 14 In College Football Playoff Rankings (pageviews: 2210)
- Utah Football Game Against Arizona State Canceled Due To COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1624)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 864)
- BYU Basketball: Three Observations From Win Over Westminister (pageviews: 728)
- Derrick Favors: Utah 'Feels Like Home' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 681)
- Britain Covey Confirms Hamstring Injury In #GiveThanks Instagram Post - KSL Sports (pageviews: 652)