Whittingham Awarded Regional Coach Of The Year
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – University of Utah football head coach Kyle Whittingham has been named Region 5 coach of the year by the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA).
He is also a finalist for the overall coach of the year award. The winner of that award will be announced on January 14, 2020. Whittingham is up against Dabo Sweeny (Clemson), Ed Ogeron(LSU), PJ Fleck (Minnesota) and Matt Rhule (Baylor) for the big award.
Whittingham earned his honor this season after the Utes went 11-2 and won the Pac-12 South Division.
The Utah leader has an overall record of 131-63 and a bowl record of 11-2 as Utah prepares to head to Texas for the Alamo Bowl on New Year’s Eve.
Whittingham is the longest-tenured coach in the Pac-12. He is known for not only demanding excellence on the field but in the classroom.
The University of Utah football team has a Graduation Percentage Rate of 94 percent and that number has grown each of Whittingham’s years as head coach.
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2350)
- Bingham Football Game Against Weber Canceled After Miner Players Test Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 1546)
- BYU Announces Football Series Against Troy Trojans - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1502)
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1464)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1122)
- Dixie State Football Team Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 586)
- Heralded BYU Newcomer Kody Epps Already Standing Out During Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 584)
- College Football Conferences, Teams Still Planning To Play Fall Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 522)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 460)