Tyler Huntley Named Finalist For Manning Award
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Utes quarterback Tyler Huntley has been named a finalist for the Manning Award.
The award was created by the Allstate Sugar Bowl in honor of the college football accomplishments of Archie, Peyton and Eli Manning. It is the only quarterback award that takes the candidates’ bowl performance into consideration in its balloting.
They will announce the winner of the award in January and will be honored at a ceremony in New Orleans, Louisiana. Huntley is among 11 other finalists for the award and is the first finalist for the Utes since Brian Johnson in 2008.
Huntley is currently fifth in the country in ESPN’s Total QBR and is second in FBS in completion percentage. The senior is a finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, the Davey O’Brien award and is also a Heisman Trophy candidate.
This season, Huntley is 188-of-249 passing for 2,773 yards and 16 touchdowns, adding 74 carries for 255 rushing yards and five rushing scores. It is the second time in his career that he has passed for over 2,000 yards in a season and it is the most passing yards by a Ute in a single season since 2008.
Huntley has been named the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week twice and has thrown for over 200 yards in nine games this season, including two 300-yard performances against UCLA and Washington State. Of Utah’s 12 games this season, he has only thrown under a 70-percent completion rate twice and has thrown for over 80-percent in four games.
Utah will face No. 13 Oregon on Friday in the Pac-12 Championship Game at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California. The game will kickoff at 6 p.m. and will be televised on ABC.
The Crimson Corner podcast is the one-stop for all things University of Utah Athletics hosted by Utah insider Trevor Allen. Ute fans will find interviews with current players, coaches, and staff alongside expert analysis of every game, story and angle coming out of the University of Utah.
You can download and listen to the podcast, here.
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2350)
- Bingham Football Game Against Weber Canceled After Miner Players Test Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 1546)
- BYU Announces Football Series Against Troy Trojans - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1502)
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1464)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1122)
- Dixie State Football Team Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 586)
- Heralded BYU Newcomer Kody Epps Already Standing Out During Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 584)
- College Football Conferences, Teams Still Planning To Play Fall Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 522)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 460)