Haskins Should Have Never Missed The Victory Formation
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Dwayne Haskins is the product of an entitled generation that has no idea how hard it is to succeed in the NFL.
None of this is Haskins fault however, he is a product of too much too soon.
Last Sunday Haskins missed the last play of the first game he won as a starter in the NFL because he was taking a selfie with a random fan. Are you kidding me?
He missed the best play in the NFL – the victory formation, take a knee and watch the clock run out. You work so hard to win in the NFL. Take every win when you get it and savor the sweet smell of victory by taking a knee then shaking the hands of your opponent.
I’m not going to get into this snowflake generation that doesn’t have a clue, is not grateful for all that they have and doesn’t understand how hard it is to win in the pros. I actually don’t think Haskins is at fault here. He just doesn’t know any better.
He’s been groomed from a young age that all of this is all normal and expected. The pros are probably a letdown from Ohio State.
I’m sure from the time this kid was in high school he had everyone telling him how great he was. He was highly recruited, wined and dined. He had access to really good coaching and training, and this was just high school.
Then he goes to college at one of the top programs in the country at Ohio State where he is the guy. Anything and everything was at his disposal.
He was famous in college, he played in big games on national TV in front of millions of fans. He got first-class treatment, I’m sure his college education was very systematically laid out for him. Not that he didn’t do the work, but all the stress a normal student goes through – he had advisors and tutors that made sure he was in class and did the work.
Then he gets to the NFL with what seems to be a been there done that attitude.
Mike Haynes Hall of Fame corner who played for the Patriots and Raiders said he actually took a pay cut to play in the pros. Today the players have so much given to them so early that it just doesn’t mean anything to them when they are playing on the biggest stage with the best players in the world.
That is the travesty of all of this.
The NFL should mean everything to these players, every game should be like waking up on Christmas morning. It should be a big deal to win and you should never miss the last snap of a game in the victory formation.
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4062)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2895)
- No Utah State Football: Mountain West Cancels Falls Sports (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 851)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 736)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 650)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 630)
- Trump, Coaches Push For College Football As Cracks Emerge - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 571)