Rudy Gobert Matches Mark Eaton Rebounding, Block Stats From 1987
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Center Rudy Gobert had a historic outing in the Jazz’s 113-109 win over the Golden State Warriors, a performance that hasn’t happened since 1987.
Gobert finished with 8 points, 19 rebounds and 7 blocks. The last time a Jazz player had that many rebounds and blocks in a single game was Mark Eaton back in 1987.
In the final moments of the game, Gobert was sensational. Former Jazzman Alec Burks was driving to the basket with the Jazz holding a three point lead when he attempted a layup, but Gobert was able to block the shot.
The officials originally called a foul before Quin Snyder challenged the call. After further review, they determined that it was a block and not a foul. Because of the changed call, they would have a jump ball, which Gobert won and that sealed the victory for the Jazz.
Gobert has been a force on the defensive end in the last four games. In three of the last four contests, Gobert had five or more blocks. During that stretch, he had 14 or more rebounds.
The French center is averaging 15.9 points, 15.3 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game.
The Jazz improved to 10-5 on the season and will have a short turnaround at home when they face the New Orleans Pelicans. The game will tip-off at 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on AT&T SportsNet.
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3783)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2417)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1208)
- 2020 BYU Football Opponent Tracker: Season-Openers Highlight Week Three - KSL Sports (pageviews: 712)
- Mark Pope Wants BYU Basketball To Have Hardest Schedule They Can Possibly Play - KSL Sports (pageviews: 663)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 568)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 552)
- Timpview Prospect Jake Wahlin Couldn't Ignore His 'BYU Blood' In Commitment To Cougars - KSL Sports (pageviews: 544)
- Game Night Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 537)