Jazz Sign SLC Stars Forward Juwan Morgan, Waive Stanton Kidd
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Jazz signed forward Juwan Morgan from the franchise’s G-League team, the Salt Lake City Stars. In order to make room on the roster for Morgan, the Jazz waived forward Stanton Kidd.
The Jazz signed Morgan on Thursday, November 21. Terms of his deal with the Jazz weren’t released by the organization.
Morgan has played in five games for the Stars this season. He’s averaged 15.6 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.8 steals, and 1.6 blocks per game. The forward has played about 26 minutes per game.
The new Utah forward appeared in two preseason games for the Jazz. In those games, Morgan averaged 7.0 points, 4.0 boards, and 1.0 assists in 11.2 minutes per contest.
Morgan was first signed by the Jazz in August 2019 before being waived in the preseason.
The forward was also a member of the Utah’s summer league roster in both Salt Lake City and Las Vegas during this past offseason.
The 6’8″ Morgan joins the franchise after a four-year playing career at Indiana University.
He averaged 15.5 points, 8.2 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.5 blocks, and 1.2 steals in 35 games as a senior. Morgan was recognized with All-Big 10 Third Team honors for his performance in 2018-19.
Kidd played in three games for the Jazz this season. He posted averages of 0.8 rebounds and 0.3 assists in 3.8 minutes. The forward first signed with Utah in July 2019. He battled for a spot throughout training camp and made the opening night roster.
- UHSAA Unanimously Approves Fall Sports, Activities Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (pageviews: 8852)
- Report: Pac-12 Moving To Conference-Only Football Schedule For 2020 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3709)
- What Might The BYU Football Schedule Look Like If Leagues Go Conference-Only - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1859)
- Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden Says Allegiant Stadium Is 'The Greatest Thing I've Ever Seen' (pageviews: 1303)
- Pac-12 Conference Announces Conference-Only Schedules For 2020 Football, Other Fall Sports (pageviews: 994)
- BYU Responds To Big Ten Scheduling Change, Will 'Continue Discussions With Other Universities' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 980)
- BYU-Utah Football Rivalry Game Officially Canceled As Pac-12 Goes Conference-Only - KSL Sports (pageviews: 623)
- Brandon Davies Signs Contract Extension With FC Barcelona - KSL Sports (pageviews: 412)
- Big Ten Conference Announces Conference-Only 2020 Schedules For Fall Sports (pageviews: 399)