“What you respect about Eric is, he’s one of those guys that, you pick his brain because you just want to talk some football,” said Los Angeles head coach Sean McVay. “I think he’s got a lot of loyalty to those guys, even if he’s not there anymore. Those are things that I think he would probably say, ‘Hey, I like talking ball with you,’ but I don’t want to do something that takes away from his ability to try to unfairly give information with the Ravens.’ I know that’s something that he’s communicated. I haven’t talked to him about it.”
Rams DB Weddle Shows Integrity Before Matchup With Former Team
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Former Utah and current Los Angeles Rams defensive back Eric Weddle showed his integrity and character before facing his former team, the Baltimore Ravens.
Weddle said on Wednesday, November 20 that he wouldn’t divulge any inside information about his former squad to his current team prior to Rams hosting the Ravens on Monday, November 25.
“I could tell them (Rams) a lot of stuff, but that’s just not who I am,” Weddle said. “So we’re going to play it on the field, and the best team is going to win.”
The former Raven signed a two-year, $10.5 million contract with the Rams after Baltimore released him in March 2019.
“I have a lot of respect for that place (Baltimore),” said Weddle. “Not only how it helped my career and rejuvenated my career, and how they treated myself and my family, but it’s a very tight-knit group. What kind of man would I be if I just turned my back on all of them?”
Weddle was interviewed about the matchup by Sports Illustrated during the NFL offseason and had similar sentiments about facing his old squad.
“What kind of man would I be if I rat out my guys that I played three years with?” Weddle told SI.
Weddle played for the Ravens from 2016-18.
During his time in Baltimore, the DB played and started in 48 regular-season games as well as one playoff game. In his first two seasons as a Raven, he posted 10 interceptions including a pick-six, 3 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, and a sack.
- UHSAA Unanimously Approves Fall Sports, Activities Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (pageviews: 8852)
- Report: Pac-12 Moving To Conference-Only Football Schedule For 2020 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3709)
- What Might The BYU Football Schedule Look Like If Leagues Go Conference-Only - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1859)
- Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden Says Allegiant Stadium Is 'The Greatest Thing I've Ever Seen' (pageviews: 1303)
- Pac-12 Conference Announces Conference-Only Schedules For 2020 Football, Other Fall Sports (pageviews: 994)
- BYU Responds To Big Ten Scheduling Change, Will 'Continue Discussions With Other Universities' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 980)
- BYU-Utah Football Rivalry Game Officially Canceled As Pac-12 Goes Conference-Only - KSL Sports (pageviews: 623)
- Brandon Davies Signs Contract Extension With FC Barcelona - KSL Sports (pageviews: 412)
- Big Ten Conference Announces Conference-Only 2020 Schedules For Fall Sports (pageviews: 399)