Utes Described As ‘Widely Overlooked Marvel’ In Playoff Conversation
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah football team is starting to receive some attention from national publications in the media as they enter the College Football Playoff conversation.
The Washington Post wrote a piece about the Utes and described them as “widely overlooked marvel.”
The entire article by Chuck Culpepper can be found here.
Utah hasn’t allowed a team to score in the fourth quarter this season, which is very impressive. The Washington Post also pointed out the history of the Utes and their football program to provide background to their readers.
The Utes’ defense is receiving the most attention as one of the best units in all of college football. Quarterback Tyler Huntley has recently been the talk of the town as his efficiency numbers are among the best in the country.
Utah has played 24 quarters of football at home, with four remaining in the season. In those quarters, the Utes have shutout their opponent in 18 of them. It’s still up to the committee if Utah will have a shot at the playoff if they manage to beat Arizona and Colorado in the regular season and win their first Pac-12 Championship over a top-8 Oregon team. You know it is a special season when the Utes are being discussed in the same conversation as Alabama, Georgia, Oregon and Oklahoma.
Utah will play their final road game of the regular season on Saturday against the Arizona Wildcats. The game will kickoff at 8 p.m. and will be broadcast on FS1.
The Crimson Corner podcast is the one-stop for all things University of Utah Athletics hosted by Utah insider Trevor Allen. Ute fans will find interviews with current players, coaches, and staff alongside expert analysis of every game, story and angle coming out of the University of Utah.
You can download and listen to the podcast, here.
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1274)
- Stanford Athletics Will Cut 11 Varsity Sports Following 2020-21 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1078)
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 927)
- Report: Kansas City Chiefs Reach Agreement With QB Patrick Mahomes On 10-Year Contract Extension - KSL Sports (pageviews: 889)
- Emmanuel Mudiay Will Miss Jazz Fans In First Playoffs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 866)
- Five BYU Football Newcomers Who Could Make An Impact In 2020 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 856)
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 483)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 423)
- Jimmer Fredette Becomes Free Agent After Parting Ways With Panathinaikos - KSL Sports (pageviews: 409)