Karl-Anthony Towns Too Much For Jazz In First Home Loss
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl Anthony-Towns was too much for the Jazz to handle as they hand Utah their first home loss of the season, 112-102.
He scored a game-high 29 points, 13 rebounds and 2 blocks, while making a career-high 7 three-pointers made on just 15 attempts.
For the Jazz, Bojan Bogdanovic scored 18 points, Donovan Mitchell added 17 points, Rudy Gobert notched a double-double with 16 points and 14 rebounds and Mike Conley chipped in 15 points.
The Jazz won their first six home games before falling to the Timberwolves. It was a fairly even game throughout but the fourth quarter was the difference as Minnesota outscored Utah 36-24 in the final period.
Jeff Teague had a big performance for Minnesota with 21 points and 11 assists. Also, they had some great play from their bench with Kelan Martin’s 14 points and Josh Okogie dropping 11 points.
Jeff Green and Joe Ingles combined for 23 points off the bench for the Jazz. The team struggled shooting the ball, hitting 36 percent from the field, 38 percent from downtown and 77 percent from the free throw line.
Meanwhile, the Timberwolves made 46 percent of their field goals, 37 percent of their perimeter shots and 84 percent of their free throws.
The Jazz dropped to 8-5 on the season. They will have a chance for revenge on Wednesday when they travel to Minnesota to face the Timberwolves at 6 p.m. on AT&T SportsNet.
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1274)
- Stanford Athletics Will Cut 11 Varsity Sports Following 2020-21 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1078)
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 927)
- Report: Kansas City Chiefs Reach Agreement With QB Patrick Mahomes On 10-Year Contract Extension - KSL Sports (pageviews: 889)
- Emmanuel Mudiay Will Miss Jazz Fans In First Playoffs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 866)
- Five BYU Football Newcomers Who Could Make An Impact In 2020 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 856)
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 483)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 423)
- Jimmer Fredette Becomes Free Agent After Parting Ways With Panathinaikos - KSL Sports (pageviews: 409)