Saints DB Marcus Williams Runs INT Back For TD Against Bucs
TAMPA, Fla. – Former Ute and current New Orleans Saints defensive back Marcus Williams intercepted Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston and returned the ball 55 yards for a touchdown.
Williams’ pick-six came in the fourth quarter of the Saints’ game on Sunday, November 17.
The former Utah safety caught a pass that sailed over the head of the Bucs intended receiver and sprinted down the sideline for a Saints TD.
The New Orleans defense intercepted Winston four times on Sunday including the pick by Williams.
Williams’ first career pick-six put the Saints up 34-17 over their NFC South division rival. New Orleans would hold on for the 17-point victory and move to 8-2 on the season. The Bucs fell to 3-7 in 2019.
The New Orleans DB finished the game with 3 tackles and 2 pass breakups.
He’s posted 3 interceptions, 34 tackles, and a forced fumble this season.
New Orleans hosts the Carolina Panthers on November 24 at 11 a.m. (MDT). The game will be broadcast on CBS.
- BYU's Kalani Sitake Sternly Clarifies Cougars' Position On Potential Washington Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2904)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2322)
- BYU Football Comes In At No. 14 In College Football Playoff Rankings (pageviews: 2210)
- Utah Football Game Against Arizona State Canceled Due To COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1624)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 864)
- BYU Basketball: Three Observations From Win Over Westminister (pageviews: 728)
- Derrick Favors: Utah 'Feels Like Home' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 681)
- Britain Covey Confirms Hamstring Injury In #GiveThanks Instagram Post - KSL Sports (pageviews: 652)