Bojan Bogdanovic Spoke Up Before Game Winner
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Jazz forward Bojan Bogdanovic wanted to make a switch before he made his game-winning shot from the left corner of the court in Utah’s 103-100 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks.
“Mike (Conley) was supposed to be in that corner,” said Bogdanovic. “So, I asked him if I could have the corner…and (then) have an option to go to the high quadrant (of the court) or to go to the slot or to slip to the corner.”
Conley didn’t argue about the switch, but he didn’t like Bogdanovic’s idea of him to go to the opposite corner.
“I won’t go to the opposite corner,” Conley told his Croat teammate. “I’ll go to half-court to give you more space so that Donovan could get a lob or make a read into the corner and coach (Quin Snyder) was just sitting there looking at us and is like ‘Yeah! Sure, do that.’ And it all worked out.”
Conley and Bogdanovic both agreed that they love having input when it’s time to win a game.
“You know, guys are competing and want to win so we’re not going to hold anything back and Bogey…making the comment it shows that he’s trying to win,” said Conley.
“That’s what’s great about Quin,” added Bogdanovic. “He listens to the players because we are there on the court and we are executing.”
Bogdanovic had nothing but praise for his coach and teammates for helping him to find his comfort zone quickly.
“I’m just surrounded by a great, great group of guys (who are) unselfish players. Quin is a great, great coach who knows how to put you in a system here with a lot of sets. For me, that was not the case…with other teams.”
“(Bogdanovic) is still showing the world what he can do,” said Conley. “A lot of people don’t know he’s that good.”
They probably do now.
- Report: NBA Plans To Return With 22 Teams, 8 Regular Season Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3236)
- What NBA Return Means For The Utah Jazz - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1669)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1135)
- BYU Football DC Ilaisa Tuiaki Excited For Returning Personnel Plus Rising Newcomers - KSL Sports (pageviews: 972)
- Former BYU Football Coach, Receiver Speak About George Floyd's Death, Impact Moving Forward (pageviews: 490)
- Report: NBA Plans To Return With 22 Teams, 8 Regular Season Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 356)
- Former Utah Heisman Trophy Finalist Quarterback Lee Grosscup Passes Away At Age 83 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 298)
- LeBron James, Drew Brees At Odds Over Colin Kaepernick - KSL Sports (pageviews: 296)
- Nedum Onuoha: 'I Never Go Out And Feel 100 Percent Safe' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 242)