Utes RB Zack Moss Breaks Third School Rushing Record
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – University of Utah star running back Zack Moss is the new record holder in Utah football history for the most 100-yard rushing games in a career.
Entering the game against Cal, Moss was tied with Devontae Booker and John White for the school record of 14 games of over 100 rushing yards.
In the third quarter, Moss surpassed the 100-yard mark on the ground for the 15th game of his legendary career. Utah had a 35-0 lead over the Golden Bears after Moss ran in a 10-yard touchdown.
Last week, the senior broke the school record for career rushing yards in the Utes 21-3 win over Arizona State, passing Eddie Johnson, who had the record since 1988.
Before the game against the Bears, Moss was No. 4 in the Pac-12 in rushing yards this season with 613, 8th in rushing attempts with 93 and first in the conference with 8 touchdowns.
As a freshman in 2016, Moss didn’t rush for over 100 yards in the 10 games that he played in. In 2017 as a sophomore, he had 5 games with over 100 yards, including 128 yards in their win over North Dakota, 141 yards in Utah’s one-point loss to USC, 153 yards in their win over UCLA, 196 yards in the victory over Colorado and 150 yards in their win over West Virginia in the Heart of Dallas Bowl.
During his junior season last year, Moss reached 100 rushing yards in six of the nine games that he played in. Those games include 150 yards in the win over Weber State, 106 yards in the loss to Washington State, 160 yards in their victory over Stanford, 136 yards in Utah’s win over USC, 211 yards (career high) in their win over UCLA and 128 yards in the loss to Arizona State.
This season, Moss has rushed over 100 yards three times before reaching that mark against Cal. He had 187 yards against BYU, 106 against Idaho State and 121 yards against Oregon State, all wins.
Utah holds a 11-3 record when Moss rushes for over 100 yards.
This record is the third and final one that Moss was near breaking. Earlier in the game, he scored his 32nd career rushing touchdown in the first quarter, passing Del Rodgers for the most career rushing touchdowns in school history.
- MLB, MiLB Announce Official Cancellation Of 2020 Season (pageviews: 3687)
- Former Utah State Mascot Fighting On Frontlines Of Pandemic - KSL Sports (pageviews: 843)
- Lehi High TE Trey Andersen Flips Commitment From BYU To Pitt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 804)
- Lehi High TE Trey Andersen Flips Commitment From BYU To Pitt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 749)
- Utah Royals FC, Houston Dash Kneel During National Anthem - KSL Sports (pageviews: 730)
- BYU Football Defensive Line Training With Former Cougar Great To Improve Pass Rush - KSL Sports (pageviews: 690)
- BYU Basketball Signee Caleb Lohner Cuts Locks, Shows Off New Haircut - KSL Sports (pageviews: 554)
- Report: Former Utah Jazz All-Star Deron Williams Receives Final Paycheck From Brooklyn Nets (pageviews: 508)
- Fans Will Appear On Video Boards Around Court In Orlando During NBA Restart Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 393)