Jazz Make Opening Night Roster Official
Salt Lake City, Utah – The Utah Jazz officially solidified their opening night roster.
The Jazz released their official 15-man roster, along with the team’s official heights, as they prepare to host the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday to open the season.
Stanton Kidd won the final roster spot over William Howard, who the Jazz bought out of his contract from Limoges CSP in France.
Kidd filling out the final roster spot won’t surprise the players already on the Jazz.
New Jazzman Ed Davis was impressed with Kidd early in the preseason.
“He surprised me, I didn’t know who he was before (joining the Jazz), but I definitely think he has a position in this league, and I think he can help this team,” Davis said.
Kidd is a six-foot-six wing who proved to be an NBA caliber defensive player in his two stints with the Jazz.
Kidd spent each of the last two summer leagues with the Jazz averaging 9.1 points, and three rebounds. He averaged 3.4 points and 1.6 rebounds in five preseason games.
He is well-traveled as a basketball player. The rookie spent time professionally in Belgium, Germany and Turkey.
The forward spent time at North Plains and North Carolina Central before finishing his career at Colorado State.
Davis Not Worried About Retro Jerseys
At practice, Ed Davis was asked about the Jazz new throwback mountain jerseys. Ever the yeoman, Davis isn’t worried about his outfit.
“Honestly bro, I don’t care. I wear the same shoes every day,” Davis said, “I don’t really care how I look, I’m just trying to get the job done.”
Having suited up for six different NBA teams including the Jazz, Davis has donned his share of uniforms.
The team’s younger players are enthusiastic about the purple mountain logo.
“I love them,” Tony Bradley said, “I like the white mountain.”
Donovan Mitchell has been a supporter of the jerseys, having worn a Karl Malone golden mountain jersey to a Las Vegas Summer League game.
The Jazz will debut the mountain jerseys October 26 against the Sacramento Kings at home.
- Joe Ingles Complains On Twitter, Mitchell, Gobert Jokingly Respond - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2341)
- With Drew Brees Returning In 2020, What Does That Mean For Taysom Hill? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2334)
- BYU's Path To Top 25 Ranking Was Difficult, But Rewarding - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2032)
- BYU Basketball Ranked In AP Top 25 For 1st Time In Nine Years - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1092)
- Former Utah DT John Penisini Didn't Expect To Be In Position To Get Drafted - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1006)
- BYU Basketball Home Finale Against No. 2 Gonzaga Is Sold Out - KSL Sports (pageviews: 792)
- Projecting BYU Football's 2020 Offensive Depth Chart - KSL Sports (pageviews: 364)
- BYU's Cosmo Leads Comedian To Break Down Viral Dunk With Bill Walton Impression - KSL Sports (pageviews: 360)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 297)