Dixie State’s Simpson Named RMAC Defensive Player Of The Week
ST. GEORGE, Utah – Dixie State senior defensive back Aaron Simpson has been named the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference Football Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in the Trailblazers’ 28-20 road win over Western Colorado.
Simpson racked up eight tackles, including three solo tackles and had a pass breakup. He also had an interception in the fourth quarter. Western Colorado was threatening to cut into Dixie State’s late lead in the four quarter when Simpson made a leaping interception on a fade route in the back of the end zone to put an end to the Mountaineers chance of scoring.
It’s the second RMAC Defensive Player of the Week honor for a Dixie State defender.
After losing their first game of the season to No. 9 Colorado State-Pueblo, the Trailblazers have won six straight, including a 5-1 conference record. They will return home to Trailblazer Stadium to face Chadron State on Saturday at 1 p.m. in their homecoming game. The matchup will be broadcast on CEC-TV (TDS channel 108) and heard on 91.3 FM in St. George.
- Joe Ingles Complains On Twitter, Mitchell, Gobert Jokingly Respond - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2341)
- With Drew Brees Returning In 2020, What Does That Mean For Taysom Hill? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2334)
- BYU's Path To Top 25 Ranking Was Difficult, But Rewarding - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2032)
- BYU Basketball Ranked In AP Top 25 For 1st Time In Nine Years - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1092)
- Former Utah DT John Penisini Didn't Expect To Be In Position To Get Drafted - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1006)
- BYU Basketball Home Finale Against No. 2 Gonzaga Is Sold Out - KSL Sports (pageviews: 792)
- Projecting BYU Football's 2020 Offensive Depth Chart - KSL Sports (pageviews: 364)
- BYU's Cosmo Leads Comedian To Break Down Viral Dunk With Bill Walton Impression - KSL Sports (pageviews: 360)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 297)