Alta High School Grad MJ Tafisi Released From Hospital After Hit In Washington Game
TUCSON, Ariz. – Former Alta High School star and current Washington linebacker M.J. Tafisi was released from the hospital after getting injured on a hit in the Huskies’ 51-27 win over the Arizona Wildcats.
The hit came in the third quarter but was not caught on camera. Tafisi was seen laying on his back with teammates forming a line by his side. He was carted off the field but not before giving a thumbs up on his way out of the stadium.
After the game, Washington head coach Chris Petersen said that Tafisi should be all right.
Last season as a true freshman, Tafisi played in three games before using his redshirt. This season, he has played in each game to this point in the season and had 11 tackles entering the game against Arizona. Before the injury, he had two tackles in Tuscon.
Coming out of Alta High School, Tafisi was a three-star prospect and the 10th ranked recruit in the state of Utah. He had offers from California, Boise State, BYU, Colorado State, Fresno State, Oregon, Oregon State, UNLV, Utah and Utah State before signing with Washington.
- AP Voter Admits He Forgot To Rank BYU Basketball In Top 25 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 7107)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4277)
- Former Jazz All-Star Deron Williams Attends Phoenix Suns/Utah Jazz Game (pageviews: 1234)
- BYU Moves Into Top 15 Of NET Rankings After Win Over Gonzaga (pageviews: 1163)
- Whittingham Dismisses WR Perriman From Utah Football Following Additional Charges (pageviews: 994)
- Student Buries Half-Court Shot For $8K During Timeout Of Gonzaga/BYU Game (pageviews: 935)
- BYU F Yoeli Childs Named WCC Player Of The Week - KSL Sports (pageviews: 882)
- Is It Too Late To Fix The Utah Jazz? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 737)
- BYU Rises To No. 17 In AP Top 25 Poll, Enters Coaches Poll - KSL Sports (pageviews: 624)