Devin Lloyd Returns First Interception For Touchdown Off Bradlee Anae Deflection
CORVALLIS, Ore. – University of Utah redshirt sophomore linebacker Devin Lloyd returned an interception 64-yards for a touchdown to give Utah a 28-0 lead over the Oregon State Beavers.
The pick happened when Oregon State quarterback Jake Luton attempted a pass that was tipped by Utes defensive end Bradlee Anae and was collected by Lloyd, who beat two Oregon State players to the end zone on his first career interception.
It was Utah’s first touchdown in the second quarter after scoring 21 points in the opening period.
Utah started the scoring quickly when quarterback Tyler Huntley found tight end Brant Kuithe for a 21-yard score in the first five minutes of the game. Later, running back Zack Moss ran in the longest touchdown of his career on a 91-yard strike. Before the quarter ended, Huntley connected with wide receiver Samson Nacua for a 30-yard touchdown.
To that point in the game, Utah has racked up 267 yards of total offense and Oregon State had just 109 yards.
Moss had 115 rushing yards on just four carries.
Lloyd is in his first season as a regular starter on Utah’s defense. He was expected to be in the linebacker rotation entering the season but was thrown into the starter role when Penn State graduate transfer Manny Bowen quit football to pursue a business opportunity.
- UHSAA Unanimously Approves Fall Sports, Activities Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (pageviews: 8852)
- Report: Pac-12 Moving To Conference-Only Football Schedule For 2020 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3709)
- What Might The BYU Football Schedule Look Like If Leagues Go Conference-Only - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1859)
- Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden Says Allegiant Stadium Is 'The Greatest Thing I've Ever Seen' (pageviews: 1303)
- Pac-12 Conference Announces Conference-Only Schedules For 2020 Football, Other Fall Sports (pageviews: 994)
- BYU Responds To Big Ten Scheduling Change, Will 'Continue Discussions With Other Universities' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 980)
- BYU-Utah Football Rivalry Game Officially Canceled As Pac-12 Goes Conference-Only - KSL Sports (pageviews: 623)
- Brandon Davies Signs Contract Extension With FC Barcelona - KSL Sports (pageviews: 412)
- Big Ten Conference Announces Conference-Only 2020 Schedules For Fall Sports (pageviews: 399)