Utah Football Is On Pace For A 10 Win Regular Season
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah football is projected to win six of the seven games left on its 2019 schedule.
According to ESPN’s FPI, the Utes are forecasted to finish the regular season with a record of 9.2 wins and 3.2 losses.
FPI estimates that Utah will finish the year with wins over Oregon State, #20 Arizona State, California, UCLA, Arizona, and Colorado. It also calculates that the Utes to lose on the road against #15 Washington.
What is FPI?
FPI stands for ESPN’s College Football Power Index. It was created in 2013 “as a way to measure team strength and predict game and season outcomes.”
According to ESPN, “Each team’s FPI rating is composed of a predicted offensive, defensive and special teams component. These ratings represent the number of points each unit is expected to contribute to the team’s net scoring margin on a neutral field against an average FBS opponent.”
“Each team’s FPI rating is composed of a predicted offensive, defensive and special teams component. These ratings represent the number of points each unit is expected to contribute to the team’s net scoring margin on a neutral field against an average FBS opponent.” – ESPN
Utah’s Final 7 Games
Here are the win probabilities for Utah football on their 2019 schedule according to ESPN’s FPI (as of October 4, 2019).
August 29: at BYU– Won 30-12 (preseason – 60.5%)
September 7: vs. Northern Illinois – Won 35-17 (preseason – 94.6%)
September 14: vs. Idaho State – Won 31-0 (preseason – 99.0%)
September 21: at USC – Lost 30-23 (preseason – 45.1%)
September 28: vs. Washington State – Won 38-13 (preseason – 68.2%)
October 12: at Oregon State – 83.4% (preseason – 85.1%)
October 19: vs. #20 Arizona State – 78.0% (preseason – 70.3%)
October 26: California – 82.4% (preseason – 81.8%)
November 2: #15 Washington – 28.0% (preseason – 31.4%)
November 16: at UCLA – 83.1% (preseason – 57.9%)
November 23: at Arizona – 69.1% (preseason – 63.8%)
November 30: vs. Colorado – 84.5% (preseason – 84.7%)
MORE ON UTAH FOOTBALL:
- Hackett: Utah’s Game Against Oregon State Like Another Bye
- Utes’ Huntley, Thompson One Of Top Connections In College Football
- Utes Stay On Top Of Power Rankings With Win Over Washington State
Utah currently has a 4-1 record on the season. The Utes need to win two more games to become bowl eligible.
Utah is currently a sizable favorite against Oregon State, ASU, Cal, UCLA, and Colorado.
The closest projection for the Utes is against Arizona with Utah as a 69.1 percent favorite.
Kyle Whittingham has led Utah to a bowl game every season since 2014.
Based on ESPN’s FPI, Whittingham’s team will finish 10-2 on the season setting the team up to potentially play in the Pac-12 title game provided they win their division of the conference.
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 12428)
- Former MLB Pitcher Tyson Brummett, Three Others Die In Utah Plane Crash (pageviews: 2364)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1061)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 615)
- BYU Basketball Roster 2020-21 Built Off Impact Transfers - KSL Sports (pageviews: 516)
- Disney Themed NBA Jerseys Feature New Spin On Jazz Purple Mountain Uniform - KSL Sports (pageviews: 489)
- BYU Football Extends Offer To Timpview QB Liu Aumavae - KSL Sports (pageviews: 465)
- Report: NBA, NBAPA Agree On List Of Custom Jersey Messages For League's Restart (pageviews: 414)
- BYU Football Extends Offer To Timpview QB Liu Aumavae - KSL Sports (pageviews: 392)