Eric Weddle, Antonio Brown Trade Jabs On Twitter
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Free agent wide receiver Antonio Brown and Los Angeles Rams defensive back Eric Weddle traded jabs at each other on Twitter.
Brown has been a hot topic around the NFL the past few weeks after complaining about a new helmet, getting waived by the Raiders, and being released by the Patriots after playing in one game.
The conversation began on Thursday, September 26 at 10:04 a.m. when Antonio Brown tweeted, “The game need me I’m like test answers.”
Weddle was among multiple NFL players that responded to Brown’s tweet.
Brown called out Weddle’s response say that he needed “some attention.”
Brown was referring to a play that involved the two players when Brown was with the Steelers and playing their rival, Weddle’s former team, the Baltimore Ravens.
MORE ON WEDDLE:
- After Being Cut, Weddle Finds New Life As Rams Captain
- Eric Weddle Suffers Head Injury In Season Debut With Rams
- Rams’ Weddle Stops Browns On 4th Down Run
Weddle dished back to Brown that game isn’t about “AB” and that he had “a game to get ready for.” Brown currently isn’t a member of any NFL squad. Weddle is a starter for the 3-0 Rams.
Brown wasn’t a fan of Weddle’s remarks.
Weddle decided to leave the conversation. In his last tweet to Browns he wished the wideout well. “Goodluck at CMU my bro,” said the Rams defensive back.
The former Steelers receiver recently re-enrolled at Central Michigan University. Brown attended CMU before being drafted by Pittsburgh in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
Brown took one final shot at Weddle telling him to “keep you luck duck.”
It’s unknown if Brown will ever play football again. Weddle and the Rams host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, September 29 at 11 a.m. (MDT) on FOX.
Weddle is in his 13th NFL season. He’s been honored with six Pro Bowl appearances.
The DB played for the Utes from 2003-06. Following his time at Utah, Weddle was drafted by the Chargers in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft.
- Who Is Ryan Smith? Besides The New Owner Of The Utah Jazz (pageviews: 6616)
- Kirk Herbstreit Can't Wait To See Where CFB Playoff Committee Ranks BYU - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4602)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control Of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2421)
- Ryan Smith Intends To Keep Jazz In Utah After Buying Team - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2317)
- What Does Utah Jazz New Owner Ryan Smith Bring To The Team? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1984)
- Jazz Players React To Team Being Sold To Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1890)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1701)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Miller - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1674)
- Five Takeaways From BYU Football Depth Chart Heading Into WKU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1495)
- Kearns High Football Drops Out Of Playoffs Due To COVID-19 Spread - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1355)