Former Ute Barton Dives For Recovery After Saints Fumble Punt Return
SEATTLE, Wash. – Seattle Seahawks linebacker and former Utah Ute, Cody Barton dove on top of a fumble to recover a muffed punt by the New Orleans Saints.
Barton ran down the field after a Seahawks punt and dove to recover the football after Saints returner Deonte Harris muffed the catch.
The fumble recovery was the first of Barton’s career.
The linebacker from recovered the fumble at the Saints 33. C.Barton to NO 33-yard line. Seattle was flagged for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the play for a Seahawks’ bench player running onto the field to celebrate the play.
The Saints were up 27-7 at the time of the play which occurred with 5:51 left in the 3rd quarter.
Barton is a rookie for the Seahawks. He was selected by Seattle in the third round of the 2019 NFL Draft.
The Seahawks have a record of 2-0 on the season.
The Saints vs. Seahawks game is available on CBS.
- Bracket: Who Is The State Of Utah's Best College Basketball Player Ever? You Decide. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3670)
- Taysom Hill As New Orleans Saints QB1 Could Be Sooner Than You Think - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3522)
- Donovan Mitchell Discusses Workout Routine, Shows Off Carlos Boozer Jersey - KSL Sports (pageviews: 897)
- New England Patriots' Plane Delivering Over A Million N95 Masks From China To United States (pageviews: 821)
- Salty 16: Championship: Who Has The Best Fries In The State Of Utah? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 746)
- April Fools: Best Pranks & Funny Moments In Utah Sports History (pageviews: 510)
- Utah QB Tyler Huntley's Personal Pro Day Numbers Were Better Than Any Quarterback At NFL Combine - KSL Sports (pageviews: 448)
- Casey Scott Reflects On The Darkest Days Of His Life While Staying Positive About The Future - KSL Sports (pageviews: 409)
- (not set) (pageviews: 265)