Gobert Earns Bronze Medal At World Cup, Bragging Rights Over Jazz Teammates
BEIJING, China – Jazz center, Rudy Gobert helped France to a third-place finish at the 2019 FIBA World Cup with a 67-59 victory over Australia on Sunday morning. Gobert not only earned a bronze medal with the win but bragging rights over Jazz teammates, Donovan Mitchell and Joe Ingles.
Gobert and France finished third in the tournament, higher than either Mitchell or Ingles did with their respective teams.
The Jazz center’s national squad took down Ingles’ for the hardware and their second consecutive third-place finish at the World Cup with the eight-point win.
Gobert didn’t have a stellar box score with only 2 points, 4 rebounds, and 1 assist. However, the Jazz’s big man showed out on defense with a couple of steals and helped “Les Bleus” come back from a 15-point deficit in the second half to take the bronze.
The center will have bragging rights over fellow Jazzmen, Mitchell and Ingles, as Gobert was able to beat both players during the tournament as well as being the only one to receive a medal at the end of it.
In addition to Sunday’s victory of Ingles, Gobert and France beat Team USA 89-79 on September 11 and prevented Mitchell’s squad from reaching a medal game.
MORE ON WORLD CUP:
- No World Cup For Team USA? No Problem For Utah Jazz Fans
- Gobert Blocks Fellow Jazzman Donovan Mitchell, Eliminates US From Medal Contention
- Joe Ingles Scores 23 Points In Win Over Gobert, France
Ingles’ led Australia with 17 points in the bronze medal game defeat. The Boomers 4th place finish is their highest ever at the World Cup.
France avenged an earlier loss to the Boomers in the tournament with Sunday’s win. Ingles had 23 points in a 100-98 win over Gobert’s squad on September 9.
Mitchell and Team USA placed 7th at the World Cup. It was the worst finish for USA Basketball in program history.
- BYU's Cosmo Leads Comedian To Break Down Viral Dunk With Bill Walton Impression - KSL Sports (pageviews: 950)
- BYU Basketball Ranked In AP Top 25 For 1st Time In Nine Years - KSL Sports (pageviews: 928)
- Former Utah DT John Penisini Didn't Expect To Be In Position To Get Drafted - KSL Sports (pageviews: 726)
- BYU Defeats San Diego On Alley-Oop From Haws To Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 556)
- BYU Mascot Flies From Three-Point Line For Dunk During San Francisco Game (pageviews: 523)
- Projecting BYU Football's 2020 Offensive Depth Chart - KSL Sports (pageviews: 513)
- Rudy Gobert Records Double-Double In First NBA All-Star Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 382)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 348)
- 10 Memorable Moments From BYU's Cosmo - KSL Sports (pageviews: 307)