‘It’s Clobberin’ Time’ For Former Ute Marquise Blair In NFL Preseason Game
SALY LAKE CITY, Utah – Marquise Blair, safety for the Seattle Seahawks, had a cringe-worthy hit in last night’s game against the Denver Broncos.
The hit got Blair called for unnecessary roughness.
Blair played his college years at the University of Utah under Kyle Whittingham and Morgan Scalley who are known for their defensive prowess. The talent they produced was on display in Seattle last night.
Blair is in his rookie season with the Seahawks after being drafted in the second round, 47th overall.
After the game, Seattle’s head coach Pete Carroll had high praise for Blair.
“We loved what we saw from him tonight … He showed you that he is a hitter, he is aggressive and tough. We can work with that,” said Carroll.
Carroll also commented on the penalty calling it “pretty darn good football” but pointed out Blair should have hit with the other shoulder to prevent a penalty being called.
The Seahawks walked away with a victory with a 22-14 score over Denver.
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4062)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2895)
- No Utah State Football: Mountain West Cancels Falls Sports (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 851)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 736)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 650)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 630)
- Trump, Coaches Push For College Football As Cracks Emerge - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 571)