Derrick Favors Holds Basketball Camp In Utah Despite Being Traded
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah Jazz big man Derrick Favors held his annual basketball camp in Salt Lake City as previously scheduled despite being traded by the Jazz to the New Orleans Pelicans in July.
Reports surfaced on July 1 that Favors was going to be traded from the Jazz to the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for two second round draft picks.
Favors took a picture with some camp participants following the camp in Utah.
It shows how much Favors really enjoyed his time in Utah and called it home by keeping his commitment to still hold his basketball camp in the Beehive state even after being traded.
Favors and the Pelicans will face the Jazz in preseason action on Friday, October 11 in New Orleans. For now, Favors has to worry about being a leader on a very young and talented roster that features No. 1 overall pick Zion Williamson.
He talked about his time in Utah when he was introduced to the Pelicans on July 17.
“I think out there (in Utah), we were just a tight knit group,” Favors said about what he brought to Utah. “Everybody respected everybody, and everybody worked hard. Guys looked up to everybody and hopefully I can bring the same mindset here. Just come in and work hard every day. Just have respect for each other, sometimes you might have to sacrifice minutes or scoring opportunities just for the betterment of the team, and I think once everybody buys into that, I think that’s how you get tighter as a group and you start winning more games. The games start to become a little bit more fun after that.”
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4062)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2895)
- No Utah State Football: Mountain West Cancels Falls Sports (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 851)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 736)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 650)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 630)
- Trump, Coaches Push For College Football As Cracks Emerge - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 571)