Former Utah OL Isaac Asiata Announces Retirement From NFL
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former University of Utah offensive lineman Isaac Asiata announced his retirement on Twitter from the National Football League.
Asiata recently signed with the Buffalo Bills on July 22, but has decided to step away from the game for good.
He stated on Twitter that he wasn’t fully invested in football and had dealt with what happens next.
Asiata was drafted in the fifth round, 164th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins. After spending two seasons in Miami, he was waived on June 6, 2019.
He had a very successful career at Utah as he was a leader on a talented offensive line. Asiata was named second team All-Pac-12 in 2016 and was awarded the Morris Trophy, which is given annually to the best offensive and defensive lineman in the Pac-12 and is selected by opposing players.
Asiata mentioned that after the Dolphins released him started to get him thinking about retirement.
“Back in April, after I was released by the Dolphins, all of those emotions and fears that I carried with me disappeared as the ‘unknown’ and ‘what’s next’ became a reality.
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4062)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2895)
- No Utah State Football: Mountain West Cancels Falls Sports (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 851)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 736)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 650)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 630)
- Trump, Coaches Push For College Football As Cracks Emerge - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 571)