Utah Stallions Eliminated From TBT With Loss To Team Challenge ALS
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – The No. 7-seed Utah Stallions stayed competitive for most of the game but fell short against the No. 2-seed Team Challenge ALS 72-66 in the first round of The Basketball Tournament.
Spencer Butterfield led the way with 25 points for the Utah Stallions with Daniel Berger adding 17 points.
Marvelle Harris exploded for 28 points to lead Challenge ALS.
The Utah Stallions are compiled of former Utah State players as well as other from different schools, including former Ute Parker Van Dyke.
Two Different Quarters In First Half
The Stallions had a great defensive first quarter by holding Challenge ALS to just nine points, while scoring 16 of their own.
Their largest lead was 12 points in the first half, but Challenge ALS came back and tied the game at 32 at the half.
Spencer Butterfield led Utah with 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting from the field. Marvelle Harris scored 13 points in the first half for Challenge ALS.
Sloppy Second Half Proves Costly
It was poor start to the second half for the Utah Stallions as Team Challenge ALS outscored Utah 12-5 and had a 44-37 lead early in the third quarter.
But Utah would go on a 6-0 run to trim the Challenge ALS lead to one midway through the third quarter. That run didn’t last long as Challenge ALS outscored the Stallions 22-14 in the third period.
The Stallions made it close but they missed some costly free throws down the stretch. They finished shooting 8-for-15 from the free throw line and 8-of-35 from downtown.
Challenge ALS will face the winner of Team Fredette and CitiTeam Blazers in the second round on Friday.
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4062)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2895)
- No Utah State Football: Mountain West Cancels Falls Sports (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 851)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 736)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 650)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 630)
- Trump, Coaches Push For College Football As Cracks Emerge - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 571)