Tony Finau Finishes Third At The Open Championship
PORTRUSH, Northern Ireland – Utah native Tony Finau had a great finish to The Open Championship at Royal Portrush, ending the tournament in third place.
Finau had a score of seven under, one shot ahead of Lee Westwood and Brooks Koepka.
He was two shots behind Tommy Fleetwood and eight shots behind the champion Shane Lowry, who was 15-under par.
Finau was one-under after the front nine with one birdie and picked up a par on the other eight holes. He bogeyed two of the first three holes on the back nine, while getting a birdie on the other hole.
The Rose Park native had a par on the final six holes and ended the round at even par.
It’s his second top-five finish in the four majors this year. He collects $718,000 for the top-three finish and is knocking on the door of his first win in a major tournament.
- BYU's Cosmo Leads Comedian To Break Down Viral Dunk With Bill Walton Impression - KSL Sports (pageviews: 950)
- BYU Basketball Ranked In AP Top 25 For 1st Time In Nine Years - KSL Sports (pageviews: 928)
- Former Utah DT John Penisini Didn't Expect To Be In Position To Get Drafted - KSL Sports (pageviews: 726)
- BYU Defeats San Diego On Alley-Oop From Haws To Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 556)
- BYU Mascot Flies From Three-Point Line For Dunk During San Francisco Game (pageviews: 523)
- Projecting BYU Football's 2020 Offensive Depth Chart - KSL Sports (pageviews: 513)
- Rudy Gobert Records Double-Double In First NBA All-Star Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 382)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 348)
- 10 Memorable Moments From BYU's Cosmo - KSL Sports (pageviews: 307)