Frank Jackson Drops 30 Points For Pelicans In Summer League
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – With all eyes on No. 1 overall pick Zion Williamson for the Pelicans and No. 3 pick R.J. Barrett, former Lone Peak High School and Duke star Frank Jackson stole the show with 30 points in the New Orleans Pelicans 80-74 win over the New York Knicks.
The game was stopped with over seven minutes left in the game due to an earthquake in Nevada and California.
Jackson scored 30 points in just 31 minutes on 11-of-17 shooting from the field, including 5-for-9 from downtown to go with his 3 rebounds.
In his rookie season for the Pelicans, Jackson averaged 8.1 points and 2.2 rebounds per game but really started playing well when Jrue Holiday missed time due to an injury.
Williamson scored 11 points in his NBA debut in just nine minutes. The Pelicans sat him the entire second half after hitting knees with another player, he has been ruled out for the rest of Summer League.
Jackson and Williamson were the only New Orleans players to reach double figures on Friday night.
Barrett scored 10 points in his first NBA game with the Knicks.
The Pelicans will face the Washington Wizards on Saturday at 8 p.m. on ESPN.
- AP Voter Admits He Forgot To Rank BYU Basketball In Top 25 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 9126)
- Viral BYU Pole Vaulter Speaks On Accident: 'It Was A Quick Burst Of Pain' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1607)
- Andy Reid To Speak At BYU Football Coaching Clinic During Spring Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1050)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 922)
- Is It Too Late To Fix The Utah Jazz? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 805)
- Former Jazz All-Star Deron Williams Attends Phoenix Suns/Utah Jazz Game (pageviews: 804)
- BYU Basketball To Play In Bahamas As Part Of 2020 Junkanoo Jam - KSL Sports (pageviews: 798)
- 10 Questions Heading Into BYU Football Spring Practice (pageviews: 743)
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward Returns To SLC For Second Time Since Leaving Utah Jazz (pageviews: 455)