Authentic Southern Pulled Pork, Ribs At Pat’s BBQ In SLC’s Oakland Place
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Barbecue is best known as a Southern cuisine. Not any more. Salt Lake City boasts one of the best barbecue spots in the West with Pat’s Barbecue.
Their large array of meats melt in your mouth while captivating your tongue with an array of different flavors for your taste buds to capture. Their cornbread crumbles as you bite into it leaving you with a sweet, dessert-like taste.
Meat That Falls Off The Bone
The team at Pat’s are as friendly as you will find in the hospitality industry. When you arrive, you are welcomed and asked whether you would like to sit inside or out. I chose to sit outside and share my experience with the breeze.
The menu at Pat’s is extensive and gives you a large variety of meats to choose from.
Their most famous dish is the meatloaf, but they also offer pork ribs, smoked sausage, beef brisket, pulled pork, smoked chicken and nachos.
View this post on Instagram
Family Style, For One
Shortly after I sat down I was welcomed with the Pat’s Family Style dish. I was bombarded with ribs, smoked chicken, pulled pork and sausage.
The ribs fall off the bone and have a crunchy ceiling. While the smoked chicken is juicy and full of flavor. The pulled pork melts in your mouth and the sausage has perfect crunchy skin and a soft and savory inside.
They have a number of chef’s working around the clock to make sure the meat they serve matches the barbecue you find in the South. I assure you, everything you eat at Pat’s will have you wanting more, no matter how full you may feel.
You have a choice between two different barbecue sauces, both homemade. “Red for heat and yellow for sweet,” the color of the bottle will tell you everything you need to know.
Depending on the day you go, will determine what special they have.
On Monday and Wednesday’s they offer a “Chef’s Choice”, while on Tuesday’s you can get the Smoked Turkey that comes with cornbread, mashed potatoes and coleslaw. On Friday they hit you with Burnt Ends that come with cornbread, coleslaw or potato salad.
Be sure to use plenty of napkins as this meal is designed to be messy.
The food at Pat’s is sensational. You get all the smokey flavors, combined with the savory textures of the meat.
You will leave satisfied, trust me.
Why You Need To Go
Pat’s have their smokers working 24/7, they never sleep. All rubs are made in house and their meats are fresh from local farms.
Combine that with their homemade barbecue sauce and you have a recipe for success.
Pat’s offers live music from 7-9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings as well.
Pat’s is also one of Guy Fieri’s favorite restaurants in Salt Lake City. Fieri is an Emmy award-winning television host for the Food Network. Fieri has visited Pat’s on a number of occasions. When you go, you will see photos of Fieri on the walls as you walk through the front doors.
Guy amd Pat – Guy and Pat having some fun in the kitchen
Pat’s is not the easiest restaurant to find, tucked away down a little side street off West Temple and just south of 2100 S.
155 W Commonwealth Avenue is the official address for Pats’s Barbecue.
Find all of the episodes of Dine and Dash here. You can find Tom Hackett on Twitter for all of the sports, food and entertainment you need @tomcanthackett.
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 15138)
- Student Buries Half-Court Shot For $8K During Timeout Of Gonzaga/BYU Game (pageviews: 4897)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3796)
- BYU Hosted Talented JUCO Recruit During Upset Win Against Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2412)
- Jimmer Fredette Made BYU Fans Go Crazy Before Gonzaga Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2370)
- Whittingham Dismisses WR Perriman From Utah Football Following Additional Charges (pageviews: 2170)
- BYU Moves Into Top 15 Of NET Rankings After Win Over Gonzaga (pageviews: 1640)
- Dave Rose: This BYU Basketball Team Has More Offensive Weapons Than Sweet 16 Squad - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1585)
- Led By Yoeli Childs, No. 23 BYU Upsets No. 2 Gonzaga On Senior Night (pageviews: 1347)