Juicy, Fresh Burgers From ‘Lucky 13’ In People’s Freeway District Of SLC
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Lucky 13 Bar & Grill in the Salt Lake People’s Freeway district has mastered the art of making big burgers that do not make you feel like you have eaten an entire cow by the time you’re done.
That sentence may have felt like a lot to take in – much like Lucky 13’s burgers.
They specialize in many different types of burgers and I was fortunate to try two of them – the Celestial and the Ring of Fire.
‘Cooked to perfection and fresh’
The menu can overwhelm first-timers. It’s hard to pick just one – with over a dozen unique, mouth-watering burgers – like the Breath-Enhancer, the Bacon Stinky Cheeseburger, the Real Double Double, the Pigpen, and more.
Owner Rob Dutton’s signature creation – the Lucky 13 – includes two patties stuffed between two grilled cheese sandwiches, peppers and several slices of cheese, and weighs in at two-and-a-half pounds.
The Lucky 13 burger, two fresh 7 oz ground chuck patties topped with roasted jalapenos, roasted habaneros, grilled…
For those with a large appetite, they have a Lucky 13 Challenge. Finish the Big Benny and Lucky 13 burgers within an hour by yourself and you will receive the meal for free – plus $200 cash. Side note: they put a lot of french fries around the burgers that you’ll also have to down.
They even have a vegetarian delight in the form of Fungus AmongUs, unless you don’t like mushies (mushrooms).
Depending on when you go, be sure to ask about the burger of the week, as they change it regularly. You might get lucky (pardon the pun) and show up for their Grilled Mac & Cheese Pulled Pork Burger or the Roasted Red Pepper & Smoked Gouda Burger.
I tried two burgers, the Celestial and the Ring of Fire.
- Authentic Southern Pulled Pork, Ribs At Pat’s BBQ In SLC’s Oakland Place
- Doughnut Worry, Big O Doughnuts Is Here With Plant-Based Options In West Drive Neighborhood
- Flavorful, Messy Chicken and Vegan Wings In Heart of Sugar House At Trolley Wing Co.
The Celestial is their most popular burger, and consists of house-smoked bacon, grilled onions, cheddar cheese and their house barbecue sauce. The savory flavor of the meat, combined with the sweetness of the grilled onions and barbecue sauce was delicious.
The Ring of Fire is not for the weak minded. It’s name should tell you everything you need to know. It’s hot, in a spicy way. It consists of house-smoked bacon, roasted jalapeños, roasted habaneros, grilled onions and cheddar cheese. The jalapeños and habaneros combined with the grilled onions give this burger a real crunch.
I am not kidding, it is really, really spicy.
Why You Need To Go
There are a number of reasons to go to Lucky 13. Firstly, every burger comes with a 7-oz patty. Their patties are fresh from local farms.
Buns are delivered fresh daily. They grow their produce out the back of the restaurant, and make all sauces in house.
They have a fun, decorated interior and their outdoor patio is cool and shaded. Their service is spectacular.
You know a restaurant is good when customers start coming in for lunch around 11 a.m., so get there early. Don’t be surprised if you have to wait in a short line. Their food is worth it.
Lucky 13 Location
Lucky 13 is located at 135 West 1300 S in Salt Lake. It is just west of the Smith’s Ballpark. In fact, they share the same parking lot. Parking is free unless there is a Bee’s game, although you may be lucky enough to find street parking, in which it would be free.
For those that are under the age of 21, unfortunately, you will not be able to go to this Lucky 13 location, as it is a bar. The good news is that they are opening a second restaurant in West Jordan and will not have the age restriction.
- Shaq Doesn't Like Painting Of Donovan Mitchell Dunking On Him - KSL Sports (pageviews: 6097)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2413)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1698)
- Utah Gymnast Fighting To Make Olympic Trials After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1631)
- Jimmer Fredette Continues To Ball Out In China, Drops 70 Points - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1268)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 977)
- Local NFL Players, Coaches Participating In Super Bowl LV On February 7 (pageviews: 914)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 865)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 717)