Blazers, Damian Lillard Agree To Super-Max Contract Extension
PORTLAND, Ore. – Former Weber State star Damian Lillard has agreed to a four-year, $196 million super maximum contract extension to remain with the Portland Trail Blazers.
Lillard will have a player option worth $52 million in the last year of his new contract.
The All-NBA guard still has two years and $61 million left on his current deal. The extension would keep him in Portland through the 2024-25 season.
The former Weber State Wildcat was drafted No. 6 overall by Portland in the 2012 NBA draft and has helped lead the Blazers to the playoffs six times, including their first trip to the Western Conference Finals since 2000 this past season.
Lillard is one of just four players to average at least 25 points and 5 assists per game in each of the last four seasons, along with LeBron James, Stephen Curry and James Harden.
Through his entire career with the Trail Blazers, Lillard has scored 12,909 career points which is second in franchise history, trailing only Hall-of-Famer Clyde Drexler’s 18,040.
He averaged 25.8 points, 4.6 rebounds and 6.9 assists per game, while shooting 44 percent from the field and 36 percent from the three-point-line.
- AP Voter Admits He Forgot To Rank BYU Basketball In Top 25 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 9126)
- Viral BYU Pole Vaulter Speaks On Accident: 'It Was A Quick Burst Of Pain' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1607)
- Andy Reid To Speak At BYU Football Coaching Clinic During Spring Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1050)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 922)
- Is It Too Late To Fix The Utah Jazz? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 805)
- Former Jazz All-Star Deron Williams Attends Phoenix Suns/Utah Jazz Game (pageviews: 804)
- BYU Basketball To Play In Bahamas As Part Of 2020 Junkanoo Jam - KSL Sports (pageviews: 798)
- 10 Questions Heading Into BYU Football Spring Practice (pageviews: 743)
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward Returns To SLC For Second Time Since Leaving Utah Jazz (pageviews: 455)