Adidas, Marvel Officially Launch Donovan Mitchell’s First Signature Shoe
PORTLAND, Ore. – Adidas formally introduced Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell’s first signature sneaker, D.O.N. Issue #1. The new silhouette focuses on supporting his unmatched vertical leap and speed while paying tribute to his nickname through a collection of four Marvel Super Hero colorways. They are set to release on July 1.
Adidas and Marvel view Mitchell’s unconventional path to the NBA as inspiration for those who face challenges in their own life, like as many Super Heroes have to overcome their own adversity. Mitchell’s journey combined with his positive outlook through hardship, led to the decision to name his signature line D.O.N. Issue #1, as a testament to Mitchell’s Determination Over Negativity.
“Determination Over Negativity is a belief that anything is possible no matter who you are or where you come from,” said Mitchell. “I wanted this sneaker to be a symbol of that – for the kid who believes they can do anything.”
Mitchell’s determination and belief in himself was key throughout his journey from college athlete to NBA prospect to star with his own signature sneaker. His shoe features a propulsion clip on the side for lateral support and a wider outsole to stability for landing from above-the-rim leaps.
- Donovan Mitchell Appears In Spider-Man Commercial With Tom Holland
- Deseret News’ Eric Woodyard Confirms Donovan Mitchell Shoe Release
Each new colorway of D.O.N. Issue #1 will celebrate Mitchell and other Marvel Super Heroes:
- MARVEL’S AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: A red, blue, and white colorway with webbing detailed across the side pays homage to the one and only Spider-Man, and the latest film installment in Marvel’s Spider-Man franchise.
- SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN: Shock pink, core black, white and silver, with teeth as fierce as the character. Available July 18.
- STEALTH SPIDER-MAN: Black and green with glow in the dark details. Available August 1.
- MARVEL’S IRON SPIDER: Red and metallic gold to honor the legendary Iron Spider. Available August 31.
Mitchell posted the commercial for his signature sneaker on Twitter on Tuesday.
— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) June 25, 2019
The signature sneakers are $100 and will drop on adidas.com on July 1 and at Adidas retail stores globally beginning July 5.
Utah Jazz Scoreboard
Utah Jazz Team Leaders
Utah Jazz Standings