Former Utah OL Zane Beadles Retires From NFL
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah Utes and NFL offensive lineman Zane Beadles announced on his Twitter account that he has retired from football.
The Hillcrest High School product played nine seasons in the NFL after a successful career with the University of Utah.
In a Utah uniform, Beadles was a starter on the offensive line when the Utes won the Sugar Bowl in 2008 and went 13-0. He was a second team All-Mountain West selection in 2007, a first team selection in 2008 and 2009, also a first team All-American.
Beadles was drafted in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft to the Denver Broncos, where he played four seasons and appeared in a Super Bowl as a starter with future NFL Hall of Famer Peyton Manning. The Broncos lost to the Seattle Seahawks in 2014 in Super Bowl XLVIII.
In 2012, he was named to the Pro Bowl. After the Super Bowl loss, Beadles signed a five-year contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, where he played for two seasons. He then left for the San Francisco 49ers for two seasons from 2016-17 and played 9 games for the Atlanta Falcons last season.
- Report: NBA Plans To Return With 22 Teams, 8 Regular Season Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3236)
- What NBA Return Means For The Utah Jazz - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1669)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1135)
- BYU Football DC Ilaisa Tuiaki Excited For Returning Personnel Plus Rising Newcomers - KSL Sports (pageviews: 972)
- Former BYU Football Coach, Receiver Speak About George Floyd's Death, Impact Moving Forward (pageviews: 490)
- Report: NBA Plans To Return With 22 Teams, 8 Regular Season Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 356)
- Former Utah Heisman Trophy Finalist Quarterback Lee Grosscup Passes Away At Age 83 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 298)
- LeBron James, Drew Brees At Odds Over Colin Kaepernick - KSL Sports (pageviews: 296)
- Nedum Onuoha: 'I Never Go Out And Feel 100 Percent Safe' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 242)