Royals MF Desiree Scott Plays Full 90 Minutes In Canada’s Win Over Cameroon In World Cup
STADE DE LA MOSSON, Montpellier – The Canadian Women’s National Team played their first match of the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup against Cameroon in Group E action with Canada picking up the 1-0 win.
Utah Royals FC midfielder Desiree Scott played the entire match for Canada to help them pick up the win and three points early in the World Cup.
Kadeisha Buchanan scored the game-winning goal in the 45th minute and the Canadian defense was able to hold on to the victory.
Scott is playing in her third World Cup of her career and playing at a high level for a team that is ranked No. 5 in the world entering the World Cup.
She is a big part to their defensive success as she primarily plays in the defensive midfield position. Over the course of her career, Scott has 143 international appearances.
The Canadian midfielder joined the Utah Royals when FC Kansas City moved to Salt Lake City. She was acquired as a 2017 NWSL player allocation. Last season, she started 20 of her 21 games played and logged 1,810 minutes.
This season before leaving for the World Cup, Scott has played in three matches.
- AP Voter Admits He Forgot To Rank BYU Basketball In Top 25 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 9126)
- Viral BYU Pole Vaulter Speaks On Accident: 'It Was A Quick Burst Of Pain' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1607)
- Andy Reid To Speak At BYU Football Coaching Clinic During Spring Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1050)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 922)
- Is It Too Late To Fix The Utah Jazz? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 805)
- Former Jazz All-Star Deron Williams Attends Phoenix Suns/Utah Jazz Game (pageviews: 804)
- BYU Basketball To Play In Bahamas As Part Of 2020 Junkanoo Jam - KSL Sports (pageviews: 798)
- 10 Questions Heading Into BYU Football Spring Practice (pageviews: 743)
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward Returns To SLC For Second Time Since Leaving Utah Jazz (pageviews: 455)