Utah Assistant Coach Sings Football-Themed Song In Car For Twitter Fans
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah special teams coordinator and cornerbacks coach Sharrieff Shah entertained his Twitter audience with a football-themed song he performed in his car.
Shah began the video by addressing his followers and stating that he was in “the dirty South,” on a recruiting trip. He continued to tell a story about how he had just asked one individual where the local football camp was being held, which led Shah to reminisce on what he called “an old negro football spiritual.”
“Some people are going to feel this and others won’t, and that’s alright,” said Shah before beginning the song with a deep hum.
Shah continued to sing a song he titled “Let me in your camp today,” which tells the story of a football coach watching a young prospect play before deciding to give him a scholarship offer. Whether the song is actually known among college coaches or was just improvised by Shah was not clear. At the time of this article’s publishing, the video had over 100,000 views.
A member of Utah’s coaching staff since 2012 and a former Ute safety from 1990-93, Shah is considered to be an excellent recruiter and coach. The Utes have consistently had some of the best special teams squads in the country under his watch. Shah has also produced excellent defensive backs, including NFL players like Keith McGill, Eric Rowe and Dominique Hatfield.
- AP Voter Admits He Forgot To Rank BYU Basketball In Top 25 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 9126)
- Viral BYU Pole Vaulter Speaks On Accident: 'It Was A Quick Burst Of Pain' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1607)
- Andy Reid To Speak At BYU Football Coaching Clinic During Spring Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1050)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 922)
- Is It Too Late To Fix The Utah Jazz? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 805)
- Former Jazz All-Star Deron Williams Attends Phoenix Suns/Utah Jazz Game (pageviews: 804)
- BYU Basketball To Play In Bahamas As Part Of 2020 Junkanoo Jam - KSL Sports (pageviews: 798)
- 10 Questions Heading Into BYU Football Spring Practice (pageviews: 743)
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward Returns To SLC For Second Time Since Leaving Utah Jazz (pageviews: 455)