Tom Hackett Takes On Larry Krystkowiak On The Hallowed Grounds
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – On this weeks episode of The Hallowed Grounds, host Tom Hackett took on Utah men’s basketball coach Larry Krystkowiak on the par 5, 10th and the par 3, 11th at Willow Creek Country Club.
Despite being 6’10”, Coach K has a very nice and smooth swing. He put the ball up the right hand side of the fairway only for Hackett to pull his drive left into the rough. The second shots were a different story, Hackett punched an eight iron up into the fairway while Krystkowiak pushed his rescue wood right and into the long grass, only for his ball to be directly behind a tree limiting his third shot. Coach dribbled his third onto the green and progressed to three putt for bogey while Hackett hit his wedge short, chipped on and two putted for bogey also.
While on the green, Hackett asked Coach if he ever saw the success of former Ute and current Los Angeles Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma in the NBA coming.
“I knew from the moment I saw him that he had potential,” Krystkowiak said. “In the spring we tried to move his range out because of his height and arc, it was almost like he was trying to throw darts when he was standing on the college three, but when you moved him a few feet back he could just let it fly.”
Both Hackett and Coach K went on to the 11th par 3, where Krystkowiak sprayed his onto the hill just right of the green with a six iron. Hackett struck a five iron straight and rolled it to the back of the green.
Due to the rules, only balls that make it onto the green are eligible for the closest to the pin challenge, in which the winner gets a Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder valued at $500.
Hackett won and left Coach K pondering what could have been.
To view the full video in its entirety, click the link below!
How To Watch
Every Saturday at 6 p.m. and Sunday at 10:45 p.m. the show airs on KSL’s SportsBeat hosted by Jeremiah Jensen and Sam Farnsworth.
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1274)
- Stanford Athletics Will Cut 11 Varsity Sports Following 2020-21 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1078)
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 927)
- Report: Kansas City Chiefs Reach Agreement With QB Patrick Mahomes On 10-Year Contract Extension - KSL Sports (pageviews: 889)
- Emmanuel Mudiay Will Miss Jazz Fans In First Playoffs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 866)
- Five BYU Football Newcomers Who Could Make An Impact In 2020 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 856)
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 483)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 423)
- Jimmer Fredette Becomes Free Agent After Parting Ways With Panathinaikos - KSL Sports (pageviews: 409)