Former Ute, NFL Star Kevin Dyson Named Principal At Tennessee School
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Former NFL star Kevin Dyson, who also starred at Clearfield High School and the University of Utah, has found a new calling in life.
The former first-round draft pick (16th overall by the Tennesse Oilers in 1998) was named the principal at Grassland Middle School in Franklin, Tennesse, a suburb of Nashville.
Since his playing career ended in 2005, Dyson has remained in the Nashville area and has been quite involved with the education of the local youth. He was the head football coach at Independence High School and later the assistant principal at the school.
Dyson’s most memorable football moment came during Super Bowl XXXIV when he was stopped one yard short of the goal line as time expired, ensuring a St. Louis Rams victory over the Titans.
After his playing days, Dyson received his Master of Education degree from Trevecca Nazarene University in 2007. He received a degree in sociology from the University of Utah.
- AP Voter Admits He Forgot To Rank BYU Basketball In Top 25 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 9126)
- Viral BYU Pole Vaulter Speaks On Accident: 'It Was A Quick Burst Of Pain' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1607)
- Andy Reid To Speak At BYU Football Coaching Clinic During Spring Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1050)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 922)
- Is It Too Late To Fix The Utah Jazz? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 805)
- Former Jazz All-Star Deron Williams Attends Phoenix Suns/Utah Jazz Game (pageviews: 804)
- BYU Basketball To Play In Bahamas As Part Of 2020 Junkanoo Jam - KSL Sports (pageviews: 798)
- 10 Questions Heading Into BYU Football Spring Practice (pageviews: 743)
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward Returns To SLC For Second Time Since Leaving Utah Jazz (pageviews: 455)