Utah Receives Commitment From Former Five-Star OLB Mique Juarez
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former five-star outside linebacker Mique Juarez announced on Twitter that he will transfer from UCLA and will join the University of Utah.
When Juarez was coming out of high school in 2016 from Torrance, California, he was the No. 11 ranked overall prospect in the nation, the No. 1 outside linebacker in the country and the No. 1 prospect in California.
He decided to go to UCLA, where he played in just 14 games in three years, mainly on special teams.
While at UCLA, he reportedly suffered three concussions in three years. As a redshirt-sophomore last season, Juarez missed 11 games due to a concussion. He has recorded just three tackles during his time a Bruin.
Special Forces Gang Podcast hosts Tom Hackett and Andy Phillips discussed what Juarez could bring to the Utes.
He addressed his health issues at UCLA in a tweet in March.
Juarez will graduate with a degree in history and will have two years of eligibility immediately.
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4937)
- Charles Barkley, Shaq: Donovan Mitchell Has 'Zero Impact' On Game Except Scoring (pageviews: 3370)
- BYU/Pepperdine: How To Watch, Listen, Or Stream At Tip-Off - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2318)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1983)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Breaks Ankles As He Lights Up Pelicans To Start Game (pageviews: 1471)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1437)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1258)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1104)
- Jazz Vs. Warriors: Game Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 937)