Former Ute Brandon Morley Transfers To Utah Valley
OREM, Utah – The Utah Valley University basketball team received a commitment from former Utah Utes forward/center Brandon Morley as he will transfer to UVU.
The 7-foot, 235-pound big man played in 16 games for Utah last season, averaging 2.4 points and 1.7 rebounds per game. His best game in a Utes uniform was against UCLA when he scored 8 points and pulled down 9 rebounds.
Morley is from South Jordan, Utah and began his collegiate career at Salt Lake Community College under new UVU assistant coach Todd Phillips. During his time with the Bruins, he posted 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds per game.
“Brandon Morley is a scoring threat both on the block and beyond the three-point line,” said UVU head coach Mark Madsen. “He is an unselfish player with excellent court vision who can see over the defense and make the right pass as a playmaker. Brandon will bring toughness, leadership, and physicality to the team this year. In my conversations with Brandon, his knowledge of the game and passion for basketball jumped off the page. I am thrilled to welcome Brandon to the UVU men’s basketball team and could not be more excited for his arrival on campus.”
The Bingham High School product has one season remaining of eligibility.
UVU filled a need in the frontcourt after Richard Harward and Baylee Steele transferred from the program.
- Former BYU Football Coach, Receiver Speak About George Floyd's Death, Impact Moving Forward (pageviews: 1399)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1049)
- Former Utah Heisman Trophy Finalist Quarterback Lee Grosscup Passes Away At Age 83 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 342)
- BYU Football Freshman Alex Miskela Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 341)
- Local Sports Athletes, Executives React To Salt Lake City Protest - KSL Sports (pageviews: 330)
- Utah Jazz Coach Jerry Sloan Archives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 328)
- Local Sports Athletes, Executives React To Salt Lake City Protest - KSL Sports (pageviews: 261)
- Utah Jazz Owner Gail Miller Issues Statement On George Floyd Death - KSL Sports (pageviews: 230)
- Nedum Onuoha: 'I Never Go Out And Feel 100 Percent Safe' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 224)