Lillard’s Big 3-Pointer Puts Portland Ahead At Halftime
PORTLAND, Oreg. – Damian Lillard’s step-back 3-point shot may be one of the most unstoppable plays in the NBA.
The former Weber State star hit a big step-back 3-pointer midway through the second quarter to give the Portland Trail Blazers a 48-47 lead over the Denver Nuggets.
At the end of the first half, the Blazers led the Nuggets 58-54 in a possible elimination game for Portland.
Lillard had 11 points at halftime. His teammate, former Jazzman Rodney Hood had 14 points on 5-for-6 shooting.
Going into Thursday’s Game 6, the Nuggets led the series three games to two.
Prior to finding superstardom in the NBA, Lillard played three seasons at Weber State from 2008-12 and was named a third team All-American before being drafted sixth overall by the Blazers in the 2012 NBA Draft.
- Report: NBA Plans To Return With 22 Teams, 8 Regular Season Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3236)
- What NBA Return Means For The Utah Jazz - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1669)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1135)
- BYU Football DC Ilaisa Tuiaki Excited For Returning Personnel Plus Rising Newcomers - KSL Sports (pageviews: 972)
- Former BYU Football Coach, Receiver Speak About George Floyd's Death, Impact Moving Forward (pageviews: 490)
- Report: NBA Plans To Return With 22 Teams, 8 Regular Season Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 356)
- Former Utah Heisman Trophy Finalist Quarterback Lee Grosscup Passes Away At Age 83 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 298)
- LeBron James, Drew Brees At Odds Over Colin Kaepernick - KSL Sports (pageviews: 296)
- Nedum Onuoha: 'I Never Go Out And Feel 100 Percent Safe' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 242)